Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 11-22-2012, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Fred Eichhorst's COPO Camaro

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NovaMob03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doug...good of you to be a mentor/car locator and pass them along to other members and friends. Not sure I could have given this one up [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] </div></div>

X2
Old 11-23-2012, 01:19 AM

Fred, have you had the chance to break out the chairs and the cold pbr and just sit and stare at the car for hours yet? Lol. You need to change your avatar and include the killer bumblebee. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] I think we sent you a picture with the yellow interior and the neon pbr sign, that would be cool. What other shop would do that for their customer. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
Joe
Old 11-23-2012, 01:29 AM

suggest moving this to the COPO section of the site...too cool of a car to let it get buried in the lounge
Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 AM

Guys it was hard ...but you can't keep them all .....space and priorities....Fred has been so determined during this process....seeing that car being reborn again is a treat....Richard Fresch is the son that ordered the car new at his dads dealership....I asked him what were you thinking ...he said his dad said the same thing .....I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when it was delivered to the dealership . [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2012, 04:55 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Many thanks for all the compliments so far!...it was great talking with everyone at the show (Mr. Tuckman it was good to finally meet in person after numerous phone calls/emails/part transactions on Motion stuff) but there were so many more people there that I had hoped to talk with but didn’t get the chance, eg Nelson, Mr M22 Mike and the list goes on, wish I could been able to be there all weekend. There were also a number of other individuals that helped along the way with locating parts, selling NOS parts I just had to have, restoring parts, trailering the car around (Mr. Wheelhop) and etc. Rick Nelson at MCRD did a great job on the factory shifter rebuild as well as riveting the ball joints on the A-arms. When Doug says he played a small part he is being very humble! By the time I got the car he had done lots or research, accumulated a good number of the parts needed for the restoration and always came through when a crisis hit.

I’d be more than happy to do the Red/Red COPO…all Doug has to do is sign the title over and I’ll be right down to pick it up – HA! I tell you what, the most tempting part of the red/red car is the 7-14-69 ship date, same month and day as my birthday, albeit 9 years earlier. Oh man I can already picture the Day2 look to give this car, not as wild as the “Bumblee COPO” though.

I overheard many positive comments at the show, but also did here some along the lines of “why would he put that interior in that car?”...HA!

And yes Joe – I actually have a designated drinking chair in the garage. The car got delivered Monday afternoon so that night I got’r settled in on the vintage orange shag carpet. I tell you what, what an assault on the senses between looking at the car, the taste of PBR, listening to 45s playing classic rock on the jukebox, and the smell of race gas exhaust…

Some more pics includin details you won’t see unless you crawl around the car soon to follow (CureRides, Thrush mufflers)…
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM

Very cool car. Love all aspects of it. Can't wait to see some more detail photos.

Marty
Old 11-24-2012, 02:42 PM

gotta love the black ... the yellow really pops

the day 2 yellow pieces accent the colors nicely

awesome that you made it your way with your collection of cool parts, kudos!

an observation from the picture angles - it appears that the driver's side headrest is the early style (straight) while the passenger headrest is the more common later style ... pictures can be deceiving sometimes [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2012, 02:53 AM

Fred we need more pictures!!! How about one with the 2 camaros together? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]
Joe
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM

The CureRide Spirals...you really can't see otherwise

Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Some more engine shots...Dan Banks, did you miss the engine shot I posted in your POR15 post?