Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-08-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Unrestored 1970 LS6 What's it Worth

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard this is not unusual on some cars. Mis-typed protect-o-plates?

[/ QUOTE ]

True. They misspelled my last name!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Patrick

Thanks for your comments about the Chevelle.

It doesn't matter to me if a seller bids up his car or not. I already know what I'm willing to pay and if the seller bids it up above that price the jokes on them. I consider ebay bids as a "floating asking price" always subject to change.

In this case my goal is to sell the car. So, any serious buyer who has/is willing to simply pick up the phone and call me, engage in minimal conversation about the car and is willing to exchange names and Tel numbers can find out my reserve by just asking. There's no reason to play some guessing game about the reserve price of the car. However, I do ask them to agree not to post it on the internet as that would negate any benefits a true auction has. IMO there are some benefits. It's those guys that send you an email that says "how much" I don't even respond to. They're just doing research. I've had 5 emails asking if I'd take in the 30's, 11 from people asking if the car has A/C and one from a guy asking if I'd repaint it red. Some ebayers just don't need to know what my asking price is.

Thanks again
Rick

Old 06-08-2005, 08:46 AM

I don't know why I'm doing this, I usually like to sit on the side and watch a good ol "wrastlin match" but you Boys have drawn me offsides.

I've purchased 17 cars in the last 8 months.

5 of the cars were on E-bay. 4 of those were bought before the auction ended. The other was bought with a high bid of $ 222,100 sniped in at the last second after the car had reached the reserve. I'm dang happy about E-bay and the exposure it brings to cars. I've seen the same car on there many times, some I've even had deals on only to have the seller crawfish on me.

I've bought 6 cars at auction. All of those cars were "Hammer Sold. Some of those cars and others I didn't buy, I've had the owner or a friend of his bid against me.

I've bought 6 six cars from individuals with some of those represented by dealers. 2 of those individuals raised the selling price after comparison shopping even with deals already agreed to, one already had the funds deposited in his account.

The long and short of it is: You are all right! You can be manipulated many ways and by many means! Your choice is to sit on the sidelines because the rules aren't fair or to get in the game and show others how to play fair.

Lynn, You got it right! Especially about the underlying tone of some of the post.

The open exchange of opinions is great! Lets try and think about the other guy and the real reason we make the post!

Sorry about my rant. Sermon Over!

Growing old is a certainty, growing up isn't
Old 06-08-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 of those individuals raised the selling price after comparison shopping even with deals already agreed to, one already had the funds deposited in his account.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are the type of jackasses you have to walk away from...worst kind.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 of those individuals raised the selling price after comparison shopping even with deals already agreed to, one already had the funds deposited in his account.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are the type of jackasses you have to walk away from...worst kind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Got that right, A deal is a deal.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:37 PM

Lynn:
The L-72 didn't have anything to do with the LS-6's introduction. It was part of GM's pecking order. The LS-7 was scheduled to be the 1970 replacement for the L-88 of the previous year. This would have put the Corvettes engine line-up as follows LS-7 465hp, LS-6 450hp, LS-5 390hp. At the last minute because of the deproliferation program to weed out costly low volume options, the LS-7 option was cancelled. This left the engineers with little time to emission certify the LS-6 combinations for the y-body (Corvette) and so for the 1ST time in Corvette history, this model was not the "king of the hill". This is why the '70 Chevelle SS LS-6 came with the special low rise intake manifold. This manifold was necessary for hood clearance in the 1970 Corvette, as 'marketing and styling' did not like the unsightly previous cowl inducted hood styling that was necessary for the high rise manifold used on the L-88's and ZL-1's of the previous year. They felt it ruined the lines of the car. That is why the LS-6 has that particular intake manifold. With the L-72 style intake on this engine, it would certainly be thee strongest street engine EVER!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:37 PM

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

I've purchased 17 cars in the last 8 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard, would you like to adopt me?

Lynn
Old 06-08-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lynn:
The L-72 didn't have anything to do with the LS-6's introduction. It was part of GM's pecking order. The LS-7 was scheduled to be the 1970 replacement for the L-88 of the previous year. This would have put the Corvettes engine line-up as follows LS-7 465hp, LS-6 450hp, LS-5 390hp. At the last minute because of the deproliferation program to weed out costly low volume options, the LS-7 option was cancelled. This left the engineers with little time to emission certify the LS-6 combinations for the y-body (Corvette) and so for the 1ST time in Corvette history, this model was not the "king of the hill". This is why the '70 Chevelle SS LS-6 came with the special low rise intake manifold. This manifold was necessary for hood clearance in the 1970 Corvette, as 'marketing and styling' did not like the unsightly previous cowl inducted hood styling that was necessary for the high rise manifold used on the L-88's and ZL-1's of the previous year. They felt it ruined the lines of the car. That is why the LS-6 has that particular intake manifold. With the L-72 style intake on this engine, it would certainly be thee strongest street engine EVER!

[/ QUOTE ] What do you mean when you say "Strongest Street Engine Ever"? Horsepower, Torque or what. Just curious. Patrick