Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 05-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts
Default Re: Unrestored 1970 LS6 What's it Worth

[ QUOTE ]
It appears it may have it's factory exhaust system with resonators but I'm not exactly sure how to tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,
Factory exhaust will have part numbers and dates on the muffler and part numbers on the resonators. The head pipe will be one piece into the front of the muffler with no clamps. The tail pipe coming out of the rear of the muffler will have a locating tab cut into it and the rear flange pipe on the muffler will have the same tab welded onto it. I will have an original LS-6 exhaust system here within the week and will take photos of it and send them to you if necessary.

I agree with Charley, a car like this could be worth a LOT of money. Do your homework, write down all the part numbers and dates off the important items such as carb, dist, heads, manifolds, waterpump, starter, fan, radiator, transmission, rearend, etc. If you have questions or need help, let me know and I will offer what I can.
Rick
Old 05-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Rick,
If you decide to pass on the car because it's missing the correct spare tire ,headlites,shocks,dist,starter,resprayed engine,ect...please forward the owners info to Astock.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:32 PM

Rick , Thanks for the info on the exhaust system, very informative. Please send a picture at your convenience. I have checked the numbers and date codes on every item you mentioned plus more. All the part/casting numbers are correct and the date codes precede the 3C build date by a few weeks to a month. Even the pump to carb fuel line bracket has the GM part number on it. At some point there seems to be a substantial leap forward in value for the ultra-original cars, as seen with the 27 mile LS6 for 400K. Those cars are beyond numbers matching. Not to suggest that this car is worth anything close to what that LS6 appears to be worth. However, this car appears to be almost a duplicate of the car in Forest Green. Every bite as nice. I only use that car as a comparison because from what I've read on this site that appears to be a benchmark car. The trunks look identical. At this point I'm just trying to determine how original the car really is. At this level of verification I run short on specific information rather quickly. Your offer of help is appreciated and needed. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have them.

I agree with Charlie that a bench seat column shift is a minus but may be somewhat over come by originality. It didn't seem to hurt the 27 mile LS6

Also, The car has Ivory interior not Black. With the white stripes, even on a green car it looks damn good.

Thanks
Rick

Old 05-15-2005, 10:01 PM

Surely your friend knows what he has, unless he has been in a glass bubble. Cool car.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:34 AM

Why have you not bought it yet! Grab it before someone else does? I am sure that you guys have had to talk price by now.....how much?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:07 AM

Rick, I am here in houston, if you need any help let me know I would be more then happy to help you. I just purchased a survivor car LS6 and it is very rare so I could give you indicator of its value. Thanks Sean

1970 LS6 survivor 1 of 1
1969 copo super stock camaro (Vitar Car) Special Thanks to Clint Richmond
1967 427/435 hp 4 speed vette
1968 ss 396 chevelle
1970 440 six pack triple black 4 speed challenger
1964 plymouth savoy aluminum lightweight "HEMI" super Stocker
1967 outlaw 10.5 camaro 710 bbc 4 stages of NOS
1966 chevy nova 410 sbc turbo motor outlaw 10.5
Old 05-16-2005, 05:15 AM

How did you get Clint to cut that Vitar COPO Loose? It is one of my favorite COPO Race Cars.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:12 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

What is this one of one LS6 car ?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmcporter

Come on man...post the pics...
Old 05-16-2005, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the offer Sean I may take you up on it.

The only reason this LS6 is not sitting in my shop right now is because when I went to inspect the car the factory documents were not available to be inspected. The current owner keeps all the documentation in a fire proof safe at his office. I can't pull the trigger on buying a car with docs with out seeing the docs first. I'm more worried about the owner deciding, for some reason not to sell than I am someone else getting the car. The car is not actively for sale. However, we have a deal at a given price contingent on the docs checking out. The owner feels like he knows what the car is worth but told me flat out he could get more for the car than the price we agreed on if he wanted to, as he said "put it on the Ebay thing...but I don't want to screw with that." He's totally lost interest in the car, he's moving and just wants it out of the way. I'm more than happy to oblige. Still no pictures however. I could not get in touch with him today and he can't figure out how to email the pictures he has. So I'm stuck with no pictures until I actually do the deal tomorrow around 1:00pm. So one more sleepless night before I can relax. I will post pictures on this site ASAP so I can learn just how original this LS6 is....or is not.

Thanks for all the help

Rick