Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-05-2011, 04:09 AM

Default Re: F70 vs G70 poly's???

Can’t say there was any noticeable driving difference between the two Anthony.

Sam brings up a very good point. When I bought my 70 Chevelle SS new I got really p’od about a year later when the 71’s came out with the 60 series tires. I couldn’t afford both new tires and wheels so I looked for the tires. I searched all over Oshawa at the time to find a producer of 14” 60 series tires – no luck. Ended up going with a set of Generals which were H70-14. Those suckers were tall, but did accomplish what I wanted, at least to a certain degree (considerably wider than the F’s as well). Like was said, do you want stock appearing or better functionality.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I would go with the L60's in the rear and the G60's or the F70's in the front. We always tried to get the widest tire we could in the back. You can buy the RWL L60's from Kelsey now so that is what I would do. Real nice car Don!!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:48 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that looks good Bill! It needs to be at MCACN [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] </div></div>
Thanks Bruce, but look at the signature below the ElCamino picture.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 PM

Since it is not entirely stock, you could get the best of both worlds. Put 15&quot; reproduction SS Wheels on it with some fat Goodyear Polyglas tires that fit, maybe even stagger some wider ones on back as suggested. I've seen that done and it looks great as the bigger wheel/tire comb looks great but still retains the original theme.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:24 PM

Thanked 5,358 Times in 1,881 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Rose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that looks good Bill! It needs to be at MCACN [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] </div></div>
Thanks Bruce, but look at the signature below the ElCamino picture. </div></div>

Oops Bill! Bring it again! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Rose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that looks good Bill! It needs to be at MCACN [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] </div></div>
Thanks Bruce, but look at the signature below the ElCamino picture. </div></div>

Oops Bill! Bring it again! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] </div></div>

Will do Bruce, if all that snow melts out there by November.