Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Yenko found?( or just an interesting Camaro)

Back in January I was given a lead on this car by Dan Palchanes. I purchased it as it had many obvious copo traits, but after closer inspection, comparing the vin/body # to other X 11 Yenkos & talking to other site members I thought it could be a Yenko.
The car is not listed on the sYc, but I'm hoping that by bringing it up for discussion someone may have additional information or documentation that may be helpful to me. It is listed on Ed's copo.com database.
I've also asked Bruce to post a few pics so that you can see it the way I found it.
It has: 140 speedo, date correct/orig BE rear, multi leafs, tach mounting holes in dash, hole punched thru the firewall, SW sender holes in firewall/rt side of cowl tag, exhaust frame plate hangers, sgl 3/8 fuel line, hole in accelerator arm, heavy duty torsion rods for spoiler trunk, date is 03B. It's also a column shift automatic, which according to Warren D. was certainly possible.
It's missing the curve neck radiator, HD sway bar, orig engine & CX tranny. It was a drag car & the front brakes were converted to drum.
With the help of camaromb, kurtS, copo & mark K. I was able to identify (8) X-11 cars & this car's body # falls, pretty much, right in the middle of them.
Many thanks to the site members that have already helped me & to Ed for the certification and to Dan P. for the hook up. If any one has any additional info on this car(9N616128) or 9N616828 I'd appreciate it very much. I also appreciate the opportunity to post this info as I expect it to be somewhat contreversial. Thanks Tom & Rob
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...