Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 11-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: My Truck's engine blew on the way to MCACN...

"That looks like a job for Kwhizz-Man...well beyond my abilities (and back muscles)"

Offer it up to him as a Power Tour Vehicle and he will get it done.
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com
Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 PM

Hunterdon? Like next to Lambertville? Nice area, plenty of deer! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 11-26-2013, 09:53 PM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hunterdon? Like next to Lambertville? Nice area, plenty of deer! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

Yes. Hey, maybe I should check the air cleaner and see if the truck accidentally ingested an uninsured deer, and that caused the implosion. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

The deer overpopulation is crazy here. I have to honk my horn every morning to get the heard out of my driveway so I can leave. Those dang, pesky, meddling, teenaged, deers. No respect I tell ya!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 PM

Steve,
Enjoyed talking to you at the MCACN. With what you went thru to get your car there your attitude and sense of humor was no different than what it is on the site whenever you post. You have an awesome original/unrestored Firebird!. Don't touch it! You can't find em like that.
Trivia note: A few years ago someone on this site started a thread about weird color combinations on cars they had owned over the years. NJsteve posted about a suburban that he owned many years before and I knew right away that we had met some 25 years ago in the hotel parking lot for the Musclecar Nationals in Atco NJ. My truck and trailer was parked next to his truck and trailer and while you couldn't help but notice the hideous color combination of the Suburban, what got my attention more was this guy working on this hemi car (Charger I think)to go out and thrash it on the drag strip the next day. I looked at wife, rolled eyes and said this guy is nuts to do that to this car. I know guys----that's what they were built for. Any way we spoke for a few minuets, wished each other luck,(I was car showing-he was drag racing) and never saw him again until Sunday at the MCACN. Steve, I hope you get your problem with the Suburban straightened and it doesn't cost you and arm and a leg in the process. The color combination of the present Suburban is more pleasing than the last one I saw. LOL.

Dave
Old 11-26-2013, 10:25 PM

Great meeting you too, Dave.

You know, 25 years ago I was thinking the exact same thing about you and your car back then: How could this guy be so crazy as to be cleaning and polishing and primping such a nice car and then just show it. How could he NOT want to beat the hell out of it? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

That was the one-of-one, original paint, orange/white 1971 Hemi Charger sunroof car. It's in the Wellborn Collection now. It ran 13.837 at 101.35 if I recall correctly.

BTW for those who don't remember that old thread, my old 1986 K2500 Suburban was medium gold with a bright blue interior. I think the color was called <span style="font-style: italic">Jersey Tan Mom Bronze</span>.

Here's a couple photos, one of the charger and the trailer and one of the Charger at Atco in 1988.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:35 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great meeting you too, Dave.

You know, 25 years ago I was thinking the exact same thing about you and your car back then: How could this guy be so crazy as to be cleaning and polishing and primping such a nice car and then just show it. How could he NOT want to beat the hell out of it? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

BTW for those who don't remember that old thread, my old 1986 K2500 Suburban was medium gold with a bright blue interior. </div></div>

LMAO. Point well taken.
I trust you made it home with no further adventures. See ya next year.

Dave
Old 11-26-2013, 10:37 PM

BTW, is that you in the photo cleaning your car, clad in that classic, yellow, tennis outfit with the calf high socks ???
Old 11-27-2013, 02:16 AM

When you own a 6.5 Turbo Diesel you are often faced with enormous trials and tribulations... I know, I own one as well and mine is down &quot;AGAIN&quot; right now [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img].. You could send it out to Montana for a professional Cummins engine install. I don't know what they charge.

http://www.autoworldmt.com/Page_11.html

http://www.autoworldmt.com/Page_8.html

http://www.autoworldmt.com/

Here's my problem child... a 2000 model that has cost me more in repairs than the initial purchase price.

Tommy [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 AM

time to buy a new one!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:06 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, is that you in the photo cleaning your car, clad in that classic, yellow, tennis outfit with the calf high socks ??? </div></div>
Nope, not me. My hair had already started to turn grey. LOL. I also would not be wearing a classic yellow tennis outfit with calf high socks. Is that what you Jersey guys wore back in the day? I am home on the computer instead of the office that sometimes blocks the pics. Yep, that's the car. Great times you were clicking off with that car. Great seeing you again after all these years even if it was just for a few minuets back in 1989. Hope things work out on the the Suburban.

Dave