Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 03-21-2022, 12:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,381 Posts
Default 1962 Impala SS

Real SS, appears to have been 283/PG. Now has 1965 409/TH350
Car came to me with a newly rebuilt 350 and the TH350 trans. PO had them rebuilt while he had the body off the frame and had that blasted and painted. His life took a bad turn and he threw the car together and dragged it around for 10 years, hoping to get it back on the road. The trans had never had fluid in it when I got it. It has a mild shift kid and works very well.

New aluminum radiator, power brakes. Steering has been changed to a 605 power gear to eliminate the slave cylinder constantly leaking. Very easy to steer.

I bought the 409 about 4 years ago and it is a 1965 truck block with 1961 340 hp 348 heads and intake. Pistons were matched to the block and heads for 9.5 compression. Cam is supposedly a 380 hp version. Unknown miles that was said to be under 50k. Engine runs very well and has respectable power. Cast exhaust manifolds that are the larger size, but not the biggest. I was told from a 380 hp application ?? I do have a kit of new in the box headers from Show Cars. They need to be assembled and welded to avoid patent infringement.

Rear axle is the original and had 4.10 gears on an open carrier. Now has 3.08 on an open and I just had a 3.36 posi built for it from pieces. Ring and pinion are matched but on a different carrier now. Posi clutches were replaced, along with all bearings and seals.
Interior is rough. A PO painted black over the Aqua panels and headliner. I installed new Ciadella seat upholstery and new carpet. I discovered after I installed the bucket seat covers that they are from a 1965 Impala. I now have correct 1962 bucket seat frames and springs, that have been blasted and repaired.
Body was restored many years ago and the filler work is coming out again. There is rust in the rockers and quarters. Some floor pan and brace work will be needed too. Trunk floor and firewall are very good. I got a pair of quarter skins with the car that are quite old and heavy gauge. There was a sticker on one from Hubbard's Impala Parts. They go with the car. I replaced the front fenders with nice originals that need little rust repair in the lower corners. I have a complete spare set of the hard to find interior bright metal trim, 2 hoods, MANY misc pieces, steering column parts another instrument/gauge cluster, etc. Everything I have for the car goes with it.
Clean MN title in my name and registered in the collector program with permanent license plate that never needs to be renewed, if the buyer resides in MN...
It's on a storage lift right now, so I am posting various pics I have. Any questions or requests for additional pics, just contact me thru PM.
NOW, if a buyer would rather have the 350 that came in it, I would be very happy to swap that back in and keep the 409. This engine has less than 1,000 miles since I started it from a rebuild, like the trans. It was broken in on a stand and has had oil in it the whole time it was dragged around. Nothing special here, probably about 300 hp. I do have Headman headers for the 350 that would go back on with the engine.

Price with 409 $20,000
Price with 350 $15,000
I have 100 pics of what I've done to the car, but very few of the just the car. sorry, I will get it down off the lift next week.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-21-2022, 12:12 AM

I just noticed the console is not in the pics. I do have it and it's in decent condition, just painted black.

Glass, it has a cracked windshield, the rest is all good.
The entire brake system is new...shoes, cylinders, hardware and some lines.
The tail lights are LED from Easy Performance. MUCH brighter than original and has several patterns to chose from.

The car drives and stops very well and is a nice cruiser.

The exhaust exits in front of the rear tires. Just a kit I had laying around that I threw on "temporarily".
1967 Camaro ss/rs

Last edited by Too Many Projects; 03-21-2022 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:19 AM

More recent pics of new hood and trunk emblems. They are installed on the car now. The hood does have pin holes along the leading edge.

Quarter skins.

Forgot the trim tag... new upholstery is in the correct, original color.

1967 Camaro ss/rs