Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-02-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: the next Supercar??

well if we are talking Mustangs, I think the 94/95 Stangs are the ticket, last of the 5.0, Tremek 5gr, 8.8 posi, 4whl discs, great looking body, and if you have to look like a newer model trade tailights, they look good, drive really nice, and even stock move pretty well, add a Kenny Bell blower with a little 5 lb pulley and instant animal with a 5lb you can still run all the stock fuel system etc.

they are dirt cheap now 6/10k can buy a nice one, trick is to find one that has not been torn up though, I sold my Cobra big mistake but found a puff vert and cant get the wife out of it.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:33 PM

the Cobra R is a one bad machine, and will be highly coveted in 15 to 20 years. Very low production numbers, awsome handling, and a wicked drivetrain will make this car hard to touch for less than L-88 prices. The SVT Cobras are a viable option. They are loads of fun to drive and can easily be had in my price range.

However, I have an affinity for GM offerings. Thats part of why I'm selling the Coronet. It sat in a field for 24 years and rotted waiting on dad to get around to fixing it up before he finally agreed to give it to me. I spent a small fortune getting it back to driveable conditition. I like the Coronet, but I know the car too well. Where the man who bought it sees a reminder of his past, I see every single detail that I had to overlook to get the car roadworthy. I couldn't enjoy driving it for want of making it perfect. I will post some pics in a few days, I'm posting from work right now so it makes it difficult.

I would love to have a split bumper LT-1. But my wife wants me to stick with the money from the Coronet because we are getting ready to build a house and I am expecting a daughter in three weeks.

I found a 69 T/A I liked. I'm going to look at it this weekend. I'll post pics.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:02 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

A real '69 TA for under $20k would be the find of the century I think, be very careful as there are many clones, tribute; whatever the catch phrase of the day is.
One car that is a real bargain; again just my opinion, is the chrome bumper C3 Corvette. Aside from the LT-1 equipped cars, they are real bargains and are beautiful. I can't imagine that they'll stay this affordable for long; as least I hope not as I just bought a '69 coupe myself last year.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 PM

look for something you will be happy with,If you want a 1st gen camaro then you should buy it,there are plenty of em out there that 18k will buy,keep an eye out in your local papers and go to local cruise nights in your area,you might hear about someone who has a car they might be selling or ask around.I was at my local cruise night and overheard a conversation about a car this guy had,he said his neighbor had a chevelle sitting in his backyard for years,and it was an SS,so I got into the conversation and went to see this car,the owner was the original owner,it was a matching number car throughout,an original mulsanne blue color 71SS LS5 car,allthough it needed lots of work this is what it looks like today.picked it up for 5k and invested about 25k more but that did a frame off resto.Im sure you can find a really nice driver for what you have now.dont buy something you dont really want,buy what you will be happy with!!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:50 PM

By the way Alss can testify to that story cause he looked at this car and PASSED IT UP!! HE HE HE, I didnt know that untill after I bought it. So Bryan take your time,look around,do your homework on the car your looking for be it a camaro or whatever.you didnt say you liked chevelles but there are a lot of early chevelles out there at good prices also.The best part is the hunt, and the second best part is seeing the car you bought done and youself in the drivers seat!!
71 SS LS5 chevelle
Old 03-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Actually, I think Alss has a '69 Camaro that he might part with!
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think Alss has a '69 Camaro that he might part with!

[/ QUOTE ]
I spoke to Al and yes he still has the camaro!! Bryan you might like this one,its in good shape and in your price range.Calling Al.
71 SS LS5 chevelle
Old 03-10-2007, 03:22 AM

That Chevelle is sharp.

I have a bad habit of refering to Formula's as T/A's, a byproduct of most gen 3's being t/a's. I wish it was a T/A for the 17K asking price!

I'm thinking about buying a local 1970 Nova to hold me over. It's a roller with a straight body and decent paint and interior for $6500. My 327 would be a nice mill for that car and I have been jonesing for a rat motor for my truck.

Most everything I have read lately indicates a price correction in the muscle car arena. I tend to agree. I can't see how the market could possibly substain these prices for much longer. Not to mention that I still haven't heard definitively what powertrains are going to be offered in the next gen Camaro. I'm hoping for a high horsepower stripped down race prepped offering for less than 40k. I can dream can't I?

You all have been extremely helpful and I appreciate it. I haven't been involved in this hobby for long, but as a rule, the hot rod/ resto crowd are some of the most inclusive and down to earth people I have ever encountered as a group, and the members of this site are no exception.