Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-11-2017, 03:44 AM

Default OK really

This is like watching fake news where people take things out of context and report only on sections that promote their thought or cases. Try to read everything:

" For those of you that are lucky enough to own the original paperwork and documentation, we all envy you. For those that aren’t as lucky, now is the time to own your own expertly reproduced Documents that make great Novelty items for display purposes"

Paul
Old 06-11-2017, 03:54 AM

Default Mr Thesauras

Ok, so you pulled the word authentic out and gave us a lesson on what the word means. Very good, guess you forgot about the next word, "looking" as in "authentic looking".
Good Job on that.
Why don't you look up the meaning of "Monroney Sticker" or "Window sticker" and forget everything else and explain what that means and again forget everything else on my page!!!

Paul
Old 06-11-2017, 04:11 AM

Thanked 136,488 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
Ok, so you pulled the word authentic out and gave us a lesson on what the word means. Very good, guess you forgot about the next word, "looking" as in "authentic looking".
Good Job on that.
Why don't you look up the meaning of "Monroney Sticker" or "Window sticker" and forget everything else and explain what that means and again forget everything else on my page!!!

Paul
OK - I will make two substitutions instead of the word "authentic" according to the Dictionary:

"We custom create GENUINE looking documents for 1960 through 1982 Chevrolet Cars and Trucks"

"We custom create REAL looking documents for 1960 through 1982 Chevrolet Cars and Trucks"

Hows that?

Paul - let me ask you an honest question . . .

In all the years you have been reproducing your documents has there ever been a case where you fell victim to an unscrupulous person who used your documents to defraud another individual?

Last edited by Lee Stewart; 06-11-2017 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:29 AM

Default Answer first.

Lee,
To answer your question, no, I have never fell to that issue. Have you ever seen a single one of my documents used in an advertisement and not stated that they are reproductions?

paul
Old 06-11-2017, 04:32 AM

Default Hopefully this will rest this case:

Please review with an open mind and I think you will have a better understanding:

Let’s look at the facts here and I’m sure we all appreciate facts:
GM Heritage a division of General Motors who provides us with the wonderful information packets for our cars sanctioned and uploaded to the GM site there is a very informative packet for 1969 Camaros:
See attached packet and download if you don’t already have it:
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/doc...let-Camaro.pdf

Please scroll down to page 120.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are interested in original Pontiac information they still have copies of original invoices for older Pontiac models:
Scroll down to PHS Automotive services who manage the process for GM after you click on this link:
https://history.gmheritagecenter.com...n_Availability

PHS Automotive Services main page:

http://www.phs-online.com/index.html
Now, if you want to have a reproduction window sticker made up for your vehicle from this GM sanctioned company, here is their link:

http://www.phs-online.com/window%20sticker%20order.htm
Click on the image of the window sticker and read.

An excerpt from the verbiage after you click: “the owners of 1961 to 2000 Pontiacs have the opportunity to purchase exact reproductions of the original window sticker that came on their car”

I can show you more of the same from NCRS sites if you would like…

Paul
Old 06-11-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
Lee,
To answer your question, no, I have never fell to that issue. Have you ever seen a single one of my documents used in an advertisement and not stated that they are reproductions?

paul
I am unable to answer your question Paul due to my limited exposure to cars being offered for sale where the documents can be viewed.

All I see in ads or auction "highlights/descriptions" is something to the tune of:

Original Build Sheet, Window Sticker, POP, etc. included
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
MJV1953 (06-29-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 04:46 AM

Default OK

Well then Lee, that makes a great case.

Paul
Old 06-11-2017, 05:05 AM

Paul:

You posted some sources for reproduction documentation in post #95 that you feel are totally reliable right?

How about this fake 1969 L89 Camaro SS 396?

Quote:
Camaro L-89. Documented by GM Historic Division. One of 311 produced Rotisserie restored 2005 maintains all original body panels and Original numbers matching 396 L-89 engine and 12 bolt rear end M-22 Muncie Transmission replaced under warranty and carries no VIN Original cowl tag damaged and replaced during restoration Equipment includes factory console gauges, Walnut Wheel Deluxe interior , Am-Fm radio Original rims with Bias Ply Tires Chamebered exhaust. Verifying paperwork from Canadian GM Historic Division and MTO (Ontario License Bureau) original Protecto-Plate included ... Pictures were taken 2016 ... Very rare mint L-78 L89 1969 Camaro

Price $ 125,000 US Dollars
http://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-car.../posting/89129

There is a very long thread about this car here at Yenko.Net:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94165

Just a footnote Paul:

I grew up in No. Merrick and owned a house in Lynbrook. You can call me a displaced Long Islander.

Last edited by Lee Stewart; 06-11-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:34 AM

There has been some well know cases in my neck of the woods in ohio. They didnt go well for the forgers. Again i said i have no problem with reproduction window stickers BUT if they are represented as real thats a problem. I made no reference to whatever cars your talking about in this thread(i dont know anything about them) . ASK ANY lawyer. Stamping a vin number or hanging a fake tag in order to decieve someone your asking for legal trouble. MY OPINION
Old 06-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Default Huh???

Lee,
Post #95 is by someone named Astrojet on that thread you referenced, not sure what you are talking about.
Are you asking me if I think it's ok when fake anything is used in an advertisement, whether paperwork, tags or anything else?
Of course not, that is why I am constantly on so many forums helping to identify reproduction documents when advertised as authentic.
That's also why I work with admins from various web sites to help them identify repro paperwork advertised as real. And that's why I also work with some restoration shops to help identify reproduction paperwork prior to them working especially on high valued cars in order to protect themselves. And that's also why I send e-mails to people on ebay and Muscle Car Retail shops selling these vehicles advertised with original paperwork when it is not.
Not sure if that answers your questions?

Paul

Last edited by fsc66; 06-11-2017 at 12:36 PM.