Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-23-2021, 07:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv69z View Post
Vote with your feet, like the people in CA and NY are doing.
Some call it Cancel Culture, some call it Vote with your feet. It is the same thing.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:43 PM

What about paypal "friends and family" transactions? My understanding is that as long as they continue to allow those, they do not count towards your 600.00 threshold, just as they do not count towards the 20K threshold now.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarojoe View Post
What about paypal "friends and family" transactions? My understanding is that as long as they continue to allow those, they do not count towards your 600.00 threshold, just as they do not count towards the 20K threshold now.
Post #11 covers this.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:22 AM

Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,145 Posts

I've had a few FB Marketplace sellers ask me to pay them by getting them a VISA gift card @ my local store.
Once I buy it,they'll ask me for the PIN to verify,then ship my item & send me the tracking #.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:43 AM

Interesting reading for a Canadian.
I've noticed a high increase in the amount of FB classifications, sites, friends .... all for the purpose of selling parts/things.
I've been looking for parts for my restoration and EB has gone crazy with charges, I don't have a FB page, I just scroll through the sites as they pop up.

So you favoured EB...! I bought some parts off a nice responsive lady in California. Car parts, and she charged me CA sales tax, (the last time I'll buy on EB). I called her and told her I lived in Canada, paid with Can credit card, I have never had to pay state sales tax as I don't live in the state. She informed me that she had "No control over the tax or shipping charges"!
She told me EB gets her $$ before she does and that she often waits more than a month for her $$ to arrive from EB after the sale. The shipping and tax is deducted from her sale $$.......
Nice way to run a business.
Time to rethink this......
Old 12-24-2021, 02:20 AM

Now I'm gonna have to sell something on Ebay, just so I can see how many and which ones of these BS stories are true. Haven't sold anything in over two years, but my account is still good, cause they messaged me through my Ebay account that it's time to update my credit card number. The CC I had listed runs out December 31, 2021, so I know it wasn't someone trying to run a scam on me.

This isn't rocket surgery.....
Old 12-24-2021, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
Now I'm gonna have to sell something on Ebay, just so I can see how many and which ones of these BS stories are true. Haven't sold anything in over two years, but my account is still good, cause they messaged me through my Ebay account that it's time to update my credit card number. The CC I had listed runs out December 31, 2021, so I know it wasn't someone trying to run a scam on me.
If you go to sell something on ebay and haven’t in a while, you will not be able to list anything without updating your info which includes adding your SSN.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:12 AM

Some more explanation on this in the link below.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blo...638507551.html
Old 12-24-2021, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brown View Post

Get your head up where the sun shines, everyone get the automated "renew your CC" when the time comes. It's automated to get you to renew because EB has it on file....

I haven't seen anything in this listing that is BS.... The shipping and tax by EB is the only BS
Old 12-24-2021, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarojoe View Post
You will receive a 1099 either way; it will be up to you to sort it out with the IRS come tax time. That being said, Paypal, Venmo, Cashapp, etc. will all start asking for SSN soon just as ebay has already been doing.