Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-22-2014, 01:41 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: $1000 REWARD******70 442 W30 engine parts stolen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Jay, I am very sad about your loss. I was looking for a clue on what may have happened, and looked at some of your old parts forsale postings, and some of your ads for parts showed you stored the parts at your family farm, exactly where this happened? If true, that is a bit inviting to thieves (i.e farms are not guarded well), your stuff was probably more known about than you think. I was looking at your posting and it showed you have a TON of parts there. I am not sure if you gave out a phone number that is tracable, as some people can do reverse lookups. Or if you ever had someone from that farm, ship a part from there for you, then they probably have that return address. ADT armed my garage, I would get them to come out and hook up a cellular system.

I would start looking who you shipped parts to, that were the closest to that location.

</div></div>
Good idea Black69
69 L71 Roadster Survivor
69 L46 Roadster Survivor (Sold)
69 Z/28 RS
69 Dodge Charger R/T
70 W30 442 Auto Air Survivor
2016 Z06 Coupe M7
70 AAR Cuda (Sold)
69 L78 Chevelle
Old 06-22-2014, 02:16 AM

You're right. I checked my old ads earlier for specifics but do know that I never shipped anything with a return of my farm. Have met 1 person a my farm to pick up an engine but they were approx. 350 miles away and that was about 1 year ago. The more I think about things I'm thinking of bumping up my reward to $3k - $5k and contacting local new stations and getting the word out on tv. Feel like I might as well place ads on CL and possibly Hemmings as well. I'm going to call the Sheriff tomorrow and push for more help. They left the valve covers under the car but my guess is they had gloves on. They didn't leave not 1 bolt behind, took every last one.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:10 PM

I personally would try and get with a w30 owner in another state and have him put the word out that he needs those parts on w30 sites etc. I wouldnt up the reward or draw attention to yourself.

However, even if you catch the person, if it is across state lines, dont expect much help.

My brother had his corvette motor stolen and we found it at a shop in Ga. No help from leos here or there, and the vin advertised clearly matched his title. He claimed my brother sold it to him, and like was mentioned here, he had bought some parts from my brother in the past and saw the engine, so leos said it was civil.

My btothers and I had to literally drive to ga and break into his garage on a sunday and get his motor. Not that I am advocating that, it was a real risk, and probably stupid.

Rich
Old 06-22-2014, 05:48 PM

Thanked 3,812 Times in 993 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69LM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My btothers and I had to literally drive to ga and break into his garage on a sunday and get his motor. Not that I am advocating that, it was a real risk, and probably stupid.

Rich
</div></div>

And sadly now you just vindicated you and your brothers of a crime (in the eyes of the law) as it is your word against the person who stole it.

I had a similar situation with someone who bought a parts car from me with a title, then never switched the title and got it back on the street. Long story but I was liable for all tickets associated with the car and the police would do nothing even though I had a bill of sale. When I suggested 'taking' &quot;my&quot; car back they told me that was stealing and I could be arrested. Go figure!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM

Sonetimes you just have to get old school. As I said, it was not smart and not recommended. However, the cops had just as little interest in him calling them as they did when we called.

To them, these are just some rusty ol 40 yr old cars.

I hate to say this, but even if the op finds his parts for sale, how will he be able to prove they are his? I guarantee, the popo aint going to get them back for him without either hard proof, or without calling in a favor, ie knowing people.

Sadly, its the way things are today in most places.

Rich
Old 06-22-2014, 07:53 PM

The Thief's can get there Karma the old school way if he steals of the wrong person.
There are a lot of nice people in this world (They look calm and sweet on the outside) but if you rub them the wrong way they may become the Devil if you know what I mean.
I hope he gets spanked the old school way, Cops will not do nothing. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2014, 02:20 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69gmmuscleluver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today was a very sad day for me when I walked out to what was a 100% numbers matching 70 442 W30 car and noticed some piece of sh_t stole the original carb, intake, heads, manifolds, steering column, a/c box , wiper motor &amp; radiator and my console &amp; gauges from my 69 LM1 car. I sick and don't know what to do. I called the local pd dept and they wouldn't even attempt to locate finger prints stating that even if they found finger prints it could take as long as 6 years, yes years to check the prints. I'll give $1000 reward for information that leads to the arrest/conviction of the person who stole my parts. Please keep an eye out for these parts for sale on line or hear of anyone looking. I'm located 15 miles south of Pulaski TN right on the TN/AL state lines. I'd be so grateful for any help in getting these parts back and return the favor through reward or whatever I can do to help another person who loves this hobby like I do.

Jay
415 606 2564
</div></div>

Where your cars parked outside ? In a locked garage ?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:47 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMGCO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69gmmuscleluver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today was a very sad day for me when I walked out to what was a 100% numbers matching 70 442 W30 car and noticed some piece of sh_t stole the original carb, intake, heads, manifolds, steering column, a/c box , wiper motor &amp; radiator and my console &amp; gauges from my 69 LM1 car. I sick and don't know what to do. I called the local pd dept and they wouldn't even attempt to locate finger prints stating that even if they found finger prints it could take as long as 6 years, yes years to check the prints. I'll give $1000 reward for information that leads to the arrest/conviction of the person who stole my parts. Please keep an eye out for these parts for sale on line or hear of anyone looking. I'm located 15 miles south of Pulaski TN right on the TN/AL state lines. I'd be so grateful for any help in getting these parts back and return the favor through reward or whatever I can do to help another person who loves this hobby like I do.

Jay
415 606 2564
</div></div>

Where your cars parked outside ? In a locked garage ? </div></div>

Parked outside. Here is a news story on it.
http://powernationtv.com/post/engine...m-1970-cutlass
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 06-27-2014, 08:57 PM

I read the comments on the powernationtv.com story. That is one tough crowd over there. Why are they calling this an insurance scam? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] I can't think of any kind of policy that would pay on a claim of this nature. No way, no how.
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune, maybe the publicity will help.
Good Luck, and remember, the best revenge is living well.

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 06-27-2014, 10:42 PM

Might want to check the for sale pages here. Looks like the stuff has been gone a while considering how the cylinders looked.

http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/parts-sale/