Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 10-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Restored Pair Dealer Plate Frames - Clippinger Chevrolet, Covina

Very rare find - a pair of plate frames from Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, California. Made by Robert W Brown Co of Downey, Calif.

SoCal supercar dealership, well-known to the Corvette community through the work of ace salesman Bob Wingate, and also for supplying high-performance Camaros and other models.
Bought these from another member here with the intention of using them on my Clippinger-sold Camaro, but since found a pair of unrestored frames which better suit my plans for the car's patina.
These have been repaired and rechromed and would be the finishing touch to a fully-restored car.
Not perfect, but very very nice. Couple of areas of pitting as indicated, but try and find another restored pair this good, and with the dealer name and city reversed too. All that needs to be done is to repaint the letters and surrounding textured block areas on each.

One has been a little warped (as shown) by the rechroming process and does not sit completely flat. However it will pull in when the plate and frame are mounted on a car.
Asking US$475.00 plus shipping/insurance, payment via PayPal F&F please. This is under what I paid for them, not including the original shipping cost. My loss.

Single frames in unrestored condition have sold here for 200-250.00 in the past

Happy to provide more detailed pictures if requested.
Attached Images

Ran at Lions Dragstrip and Pomona Raceway, with paint by Bob Kovacs of Fresno.

Last edited by ZLP955; 11-20-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: lower price
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_7907.jpg IMG_7905.jpg IMG_7903.jpg IMG_7902.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-06-2021, 06:26 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Hah! Nice!
Old 10-06-2021, 03:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,599 Posts

----Although my 67 Corvette wasn't sold new at Clippenger it did sit on thier floor as a used car for several years. Apparantly, the dealership owner liked the car and always put too high a price on it. The story I was told is that a guy won the lottery (not the big one) and had been looking at the car for a long time. He walked in to the dealership and paid the price. Shortly after that he was at Super Chevy Sunday and I happened to be in California and went to that show. When I saw the car I knew it was my old car that I bought from the original owners widow. It wasn't for sale but I gave him my info and said I was the best customer if the car did come up for sale. Well, he apparently forgot that as it sold a bit later to someone else!....Bill S
The Following User Says Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
ZLP955 (10-06-2021)