Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted

Please note

Old 02-06-2023, 06:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Walker Jack

Looking for a Walker Jack for a 1968 Camaro built at Van Nuys. According to the Legends Restoration guides Universal also provided Jacks but only on early production cars. My car is built April 13 1968 so a date of Feb-Mar would be ideal.
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-08-2023, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
Looking for a Walker Jack for a 1968 Camaro built at Van Nuys. According to the Legends Restoration guides Universal also provided Jacks but only on early production cars. My car is built April 13 1968 so a date of Feb-Mar would be ideal.
In looking through the legends Judging guide I am posting a picture of a Walker Jack Base. Note it’s a square shaft type base.
Based on the info I gathered there were several manufactures of Jacks, Walker, Universal and Ryerson Hayes (RH).
RH jacks were common in Norwood built cars and Walker were used in LOS or Van Nuys built cars with RH used in early 1968 production.

Would like some help here to see if I am on target with the hunt.

Anyone with a Jan-June built 68 Camaro, please identify what style of Jack you have if you know it’s original. Let me know your Plant and build date too if possible.

Old 02-08-2023, 11:16 PM

Here’s a very informative discussion regarding original jack designs that I stumbled upon during my quest for my 12B ‘69 Z/28 - http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=13242.0

Ultimately, I found LOS and VN cars had the Walker style jacks. I had quite a bit of difficulty locating one. One day I decided to ask Mr. Stubbings, via facebook messenger, of heartbeat city if he had one since he deals with a lot of used/nos camaro parts. Luckily, he did and it was a beautifully restored complete assembly. Might be worth a shot to give heartbeat a call in the morning.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo1717 View Post
Here’s a very informative discussion regarding original jack designs that I stumbled upon during my quest for my 12B ‘69 Z/28 - http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=13242.0

Ultimately, I found LOS and VN cars had the Walker style jacks. I had quite a bit of difficulty locating one. One day I decided to ask Mr. Stubbings, via facebook messenger, of heartbeat city if he had one since he deals with a lot of used/nos camaro parts. Luckily, he did and it was a beautifully restored complete assembly. Might be worth a shot to give heartbeat a call in the morning.
Thanks, I have gathered some info from CRG and the judging manual and concluded I need a square mast Jack. They were made by Walker. I have found three bases on EBay, one said mid 50’s Chev, two others were NOS Ford.