Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-04-2015, 02:52 AM

Default Re: 1969 Camaro Z/28 w/Special Order Paint

All I know is I locked my keys in the trunk and a master locksmith said "you're screwed" after 2 hours trying to pick it at the Nationals this year. Glad he had a master set of ignition keys to fire it off until I got back home where the spare set was. Those 6 pin locks for the trunk are darn near pick proof

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 08-04-2015, 02:59 AM

I know of two gentlemen that knew of this car when it was new and it was EO.

Ron Starry
Old 08-04-2015, 03:52 AM

Vintage pic posted does not support EO. And apparently the order does not clearly specify color.

Do those two people have pics?
Old 08-04-2015, 03:54 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

What JL8.....?

That hideous bull shit ridden. Blue car was never a JL8.....

We underestimated the value of bragging with egocentric ,eccentric, obnoxious arrogance combined with money that makes anything real to story tellers........better yet, they believe it them selves after they hear it or read it elsewhere..

I can say something about 2 cars JM recently certified as real .......that never were ......a few years before he saw them.....and owned by the same kinda personality I stated above........
But I'll keep my mouth shut and not buy into "uneducated , guru worshippers". Claims of , but he said so.....it must be real
Old 08-04-2015, 04:19 AM

This has become the biggest color debate since . . . well, you know:
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2015, 04:34 AM

CarsEdit

In 1968, Mary Kay Ash purchased the first pink Cadillac from a Dallas dealership, where it was repainted on site to match the "Mountain Laurel Blush" in a compact Ash carried. The Cadillac served as a mobile advertisement for the business. The following year, Ash rewarded the company's top five salespeople with similarly painted 1970 Coupe de Ville cars. GM has painted over 100,000 custom cars for Mary Kay. The specific shade has varied over the years from bubble-gum to near-white pearlescent effects. GM had an exclusive agreement to sell cars of the specific shade only through Mary Kay. The cars are offered to distributors as two-year leases, and distributors who choose to buy the cars are only allowed to resell them to authorized dealers. After the lease expires, the cars are repainted before being resold.

No Fisher priced toys here
Old 08-04-2015, 05:50 AM

[quote=watk69]This is the primer on some hidden areas on the famous survivor that has been discussed for quite some time.

Hugger Survivor

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

The post quoted above from earlier in the thread seemed to be overlooked or maybe misunderstood.

The pics show some areas of primer that has a "purplish" tint to it. This is on a Hugger Orange 69 Z28 survivor with 21,000+ miles. Full coverage paint on the body is completely different.

Now, back to the car in question. I would not expected to see full body color on the areas that are covered up by the door panels or on the top of the car. Remember, when it was painted, they knew it was going to get a black vinyl top. What I would expect to see is primer and some overspray on those areas.

Full color coverage paint on the body would be different, as in the case of the Hugger Orange car.

In my opinion, there is no way to say that the color was EO based on what was found under the door panels or under the vinyl top. Those areas likely did not get FULL paint coverage like the outside of the body did.

The 1969 GM color Flamingo Silver (Olds) / Sunset Silver (Buick) - is not the same as EO.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:50 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcmiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=watk69]This is the primer on some hidden areas on the famous survivor that has been discussed for quite some time.

Hugger Survivor

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

The post quoted above from earlier in the thread seemed to be overlooked or maybe misunderstood.

The pics show some areas of primer that has a &quot;purplish&quot; tint to it. This is on a Hugger Orange 69 Z28 survivor with 21,000+ miles. Full coverage paint on the body is completely different.

Now, back to the car in question. I would not expected to see full body color on the areas that are covered up by the door panels or on the top of the car. Remember, when it was painted, they knew it was going to get a black vinyl top. What I would expect to see is primer and some overspray on those areas.

Full color coverage paint on the body would be different, as in the case of the Hugger Orange car.

In my opinion, there is no way to say that the color was EO based on what was found under the door panels or under the vinyl top. Those areas likely did not get FULL paint coverage like the outside of the body did.

The 1969 GM color Flamingo Silver (Olds) / Sunset Silver (Buick) - is not the same as EO.
</div></div>

Thank God there are cars out there like the Hugger Orange Survivor to keep us sane, and differentiate real from fantasy or bad recollection. Cars like this truly are worth their weight in gold to the hobby. The car that is the subject of this 16 page plus thread may be just as the original owner states it is, but still glad we have survivors to draw reference from. The hugger orange car should be renamed &quot;The Truth&quot; and in my mind one of the most valuable 69 Camaros ever. Wish I owned it

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 08-04-2015, 10:22 AM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

So we have a ringer photo introduced to the forum here that is not from the car under discussion.

Well planned gentlemen.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img]

Car is still EO. The lengths that a group will reach to to extract itself from a loosing debate is amazing to me.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 AM

Same car from different angle...