Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Why would anyone do this to such an awesome car?!?

I believe this wound is fatal.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:16 AM

Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,149 Posts

Proof that someone is lighting the spoon over there.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 AM

I personally do not condone a single modification to this car BUT you guys crack me up. If this were 1969 and the trend of the period was chrome, shine, "blind" and big rims, you collectively gasp in awe over this car like you would a proper trimmed day-2 '69 Camaro today. Responses here do not only have discriminating undertones but also they mock the rhetoric of HOT ROD.

Since when does hot rodding conform to masses, make others proud, or appeal to the majority? This car is a hot rod. I personally hate it in more ways than not but respect the owner for having a blast.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 AM

Post of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MosportGreen66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally do not condone a single modification to this car BUT you guys crack me up. If this were 1969 and the trend of the period was chrome, shine, &quot;blind&quot; and big rims, you collectively gasp in awe over this car like you would a proper trimmed day-2 '69 Camaro today. Responses here do not only have discriminating undertones but also they mock the rhetoric of HOT ROD.

Since when does hot rodding conform to masses, make others proud, or appeal to the majority? This car is a hot rod. I personally hate it in more ways than not but respect the owner for having a blast. </div></div>
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 AM

Thanked 2,023 Times in 513 Posts

Everything I was thinking, expressed succinctly. Well said, Mosport66.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MosportGreen66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally do not condone a single modification to this car BUT you guys crack me up. If this were 1969 and the trend of the period was chrome, shine, &quot;blind&quot; and big rims, you collectively gasp in awe over this car like you would a proper trimmed day-2 '69 Camaro today. Responses here do not only have discriminating undertones but also they mock the rhetoric of HOT ROD.

Since when does hot rodding conform to masses, make others proud, or appeal to the majority? This car is a hot rod. I personally hate it in more ways than not but respect the owner for having a blast. </div></div>

There you go trying to reason with the Mongol hordes.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Without a discriminating undertone.......that is just plain ugly. And consider how much &quot;respect&quot; you retain when it crawls through your neighborhood, speakers full on, trunk rattling.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to miket1

It's got to be 4 wheel drive.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM

Since when does hot rodding conform to masses, make others proud, or appeal to the majority? This car is a hot rod. I personally hate it in more ways than not but respect the owner for having a blast.
</div></div>

Hear,hear.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Maybe some, but not all of us, as I have never been into this sort of &quot;bling&quot;.