Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 09-24-2014, 10:18 PM

Thanked 1,627 Times in 482 Posts
Default Re: motion nova advertised on craigslist

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NovaMob03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I'm not defending this Nova, I recall a 68 Chevelle that popped up on ebay (out of Iowa or Kansas City maybe) with no motion mod's...had newer stinger hood, 3.07 open rear, newer style 427 badges, Lakewood T bars and a 454 out of a '75 Suburban. I also recall hearing that it got certified by JR. Wonder if NCRS document would shed any light on that one and where it is now [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

</div></div>

I believe that was a green 1969 Chevelle on ebay
Old 09-25-2014, 01:55 AM

To be clear, my issue with JR was that after being paid, and a &quot;maybe&quot; given verbally, there was a refusal to put said &quot;maybe&quot; in a report. Even a written &quot;no&quot; would have been ok.

Personally, I believe that if you are charging thousands of dollars for an opinion, it should be on paper. What motive would there be to refuse to put anything on paper? Some cars get a no, some a yes. Fine, if it's a maybe, but put that in writing as well. That was (and is) my issue with Mr. Rosen. Not that my old car was or was not a BM, or even a motion modded car. Stand behind your word, especially if you are charging for that word.

That and shortly thereafter I got a call from someone very involved in the hobby wanting to buy the car (as a non motion car) &quot;for his grandson&quot;. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

With no known written records, phone calls from left field when cars are not advertised for sale, and the Chevelle incident it is no wonder people are leery.

Rich
Old 09-25-2014, 02:09 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

If dan's old nova comes to be certified in a year or two there will be an uproar throughout the hobby. That would be too obvious.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:31 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NovaMob03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this ol' Nova sure has had a lot of drama attached to it over the years. I remember when Dan found it and tried to get it blessed by JR. Here's what I recall...might not be 100% accurate as it's been a really long time and unfortunately, I'm not sure it will clear anything up either.

When Dan bought the car and did his usual (extensive) due diligence, including contacting ex motion &amp; Batt auto body employees. He said he eventually made a call &amp; spoke with Mrs Rosen, told him why he was calling and (he told me) she seemed to know the Nova he was calling about and passed the phone to JR. After a conversation, he sent JR's fee (1500 I think)to certify it.
Then, out of the blue, Dan said he got a phone call from Kevin S about it and an NICB was run by a friend of a friend. Dan told me that Kevin specifically asked if it was a 'green Nova painted black' and so Dan deduced the JR had called Kevin about it.

JR took the cert fee, but Dan never got his letter. At this point, he called me for advice &amp; I suggested he push him for a yes or no letter or to return his money ...Dan did that &amp; that's apparently when the sh*t hit the fan. Dan was convinced that JR was stalling on the cert in order for Kevin to buy it on the cheap. After some verbal exchange, Dan got a 'maybe letter' from JR but enough bad juju had been conveyed so that it would never be certified as the '1st Motion Nova'.

Unconnected to this, but perhaps significant, there have been 2 other sYc member's who have also had similar experiences getting their car's 'motion certified' where calls were made, money paid and then those individuals were called by prospective buyers about their cars (Rich Pern and I think the other was JD502 [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img])
The burning question that needs an answer is if actual paper documentation/invoices exist or if cert's are based on memory and/or photograph's etc. As said before, it's a buyer beware hobby [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img] </div></div>

Ok There was a similar situation with a motion car that is in my family. ( But it is not my personal car). And yes I do know of one other person besides Rich P. this happened to. Just look a a few of the past cars that have been certified. (only a few but) when those cars were put in the right hands documentation was &quot;found or the car was remembered.&quot; I no a little about this nova, But I do know of two very very serious collectors that have been interested it this questionable car for years. I would think (JMO) in either of those hands this car is a documented motion Nova. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2015, 10:41 PM

Someone is still trying to find info out for this car...

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/wan/4855025838.html
Old 10-26-2015, 10:43 PM

its back.
Motion Nova

Old 10-28-2015, 02:48 AM

I had some paperwork from a Motion car that I almost bought. It had no identifying info on it. I believe the paperwork only said &quot;blue Camaro&quot; on it. It had the owner's name and info,but not much else.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:38 PM

Isn't that Dan Palchanes old Nova???
Old 10-31-2015, 03:58 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motionwannabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't that Dan Palchanes old Nova??? </div></div>yes it is