Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-01-2021, 08:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Very sharp!
Have you committed to a price,or is that still open?
I agree about the cowl tag,that's an important issue that needs to be addressed when talking price.
The cowl Ind. hood seal needs to be turned right side in and right side up.Does it come with it's original AO Magnum 500 wheels and its muncie shifter handle & knob too?
Throw those 3 plastic firewall cowl grilles away too please.
Looks like it came originally without a Posi rear end,as well as it was built without Tach & gauges too.

Last edited by Mr70; 10-01-2021 at 09:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
Blown32 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George H View Post
Very very nice car. Now get rid of the cowl grilles. SS cars never came with cowl grilles. They are a Malibu thing and many restorers always make that mistake. Also, the air cleaner hood seal is upside down but probably glued down. Easy to replace if you want to make the effort.
Never knew this about the grilles! I did catch the air cleaner seal.
Thank you for you knowledge!
Old 10-01-2021, 09:27 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Cool car!

Are those deluxe seat belts? Would console be listed on the VVS sheet for Chevelle?

Looks like an aftermarket intake and that upper alternator bracket could be changed to the correct one, same with PS adjuster. Very minor fixes. But it’s got headers, so would be a cool car to rip around in. Hope original wheels are with it too.

I too, am glad the cowl tag wasn’t removed, if it wasn’t.

Awesome car, good luck.
Anthony
The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyS For This Useful Post:
Blown32 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr70 View Post
Very sharp!
Have you committed to a price,or is that still open?
I agree about the cowl tag,that's an important issue that needs to be addressed when talking price.
The cowl Ind. hood seal needs to be turned right side in and right side up.Does it come with it's original AO Magnum 500 wheels and its muncie shifter handle & knob too?
Throw those 3 plastic firewall cowl grilles away too please.
Looks like it came originally without a Posi rear end,as well as it was built without Tach & gauges too.
Have not nailed down the price yet. Verifying what Original number matching parts they have.
Saw the seal as well. It has the correct AO wheels, but unfortunately they September 22 date code. Shifter handle and knob...are MIA. But didn't go thru all the boxes.
Didn't know this about the cowl grilles...if we make a deal, they will be gone!
Need to double check the rear end numbers.
Thanks for your input...it's appreciated!
Old 10-01-2021, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Cool car!

Are those deluxe seat belts? Would console be listed on the VVS sheet for Chevelle?

Looks like an aftermarket intake and that upper alternator bracket could be changed to the correct one, same with PS adjuster. Very minor fixes. But it’s got headers, so would be a cool car to rip around in. Hope original wheels are with it too.

I too, am glad the cowl tag wasn’t removed, if it wasn’t.

Awesome car, good luck.
Anthony
Yes, deluxe seat belts. Not sure if they are original to the car, but they are dated 7A70. I thought the console would of been on the build sheet as well ?? There are pictures of the console in the car before restoration began....for what that's worth!
Correct intake and alternator brackets come with the car, missing the carburetor.
Thank you!
Old 10-01-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Wow! That might be my favorite color combo on a 70. Love it!
I agree on this Color, I had a buddy had a LS6, AT car in this color combo, only his had a white vinyl top too, traded it in at Car Village in Lebanon Pa in the fall of 1979 0r 80 for the Red 71 Motion Camaro, The BM Camaro is well known but as far as i know the Misty Turqouise Ls6 has never surfaced as far as i know ???
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyJeff For This Useful Post:
Blown32 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 09:49 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Those are RPO A-39 brushed metal deluxe seat buckles,and not original to this car as it came with standard black plastic.
The Bucket seats are original,but it originally came without the RPO D-55 console.
Entire Firewall should be black,not body color.
The Front center grille bar should be black too,not body color,seeing as this is an Oshawa built car.

Last edited by Mr70; 10-02-2021 at 09:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
Blown32 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 09:59 PM

Thanked 1,990 Times in 637 Posts

That's a rare color and a beautiful color combination Blown32. The transmission wouldn't hurt it much in my opinion since it's a documented M22 car, especially if it's got a warranty replacement M22 with a CT or CC stamped case. The trim tag and body colored firewall would bother me more than the transmission but like you said, at least they didn't remove the tag. I'd take a beat up tag over a repro any day of the week. Prices are all over the map and fakes outnumber the real ones 10:1 so it's really hard to put a number on a car like this without seeing and inspecting it in person. Good luck whatever you decide to do though.
The Following User Says Thank You to carnut4life For This Useful Post:
Blown32 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 12:33 AM

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,346 Posts

As said, stunning car. Again, as said, love that Misty Turquoise and Ivory interior.

Strange it wasn't ordered with a posi, but many people believed an SS came with a posi. Likewise, they may have assumed a console came with buckets, not realizing they were both extra cost options.
I don't know that the wheel dates are out of line for an Oshawa car. If they had a large order of wheels, say 15,000, sent early in production, that would have covered 3,000 builds and with less than 4,000 total for LS 5 and L35 cars, that group would have been on most of the total production of SS cars for the entire year.
Are the wheel dates all close together ?
Yeah, the restoration wasn't exact to production, but there are enough aftermarket goodies to feel it is a day 2 build...
Does all this hurt the value ? To a purist looking for an exact match, sure. If the price is in line for the quality of the workmanship and build, I'd go for it.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
Blown32 (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
As said, stunning car. Again, as said, love that Misty Turquoise and Ivory interior.

Strange it wasn't ordered with a posi, but many people believed an SS came with a posi. Likewise, they may have assumed a console came with buckets, not realizing they were both extra cost options.
I don't know that the wheel dates are out of line for an Oshawa car. If they had a large order of wheels, say 15,000, sent early in production, that would have covered 3,000 builds and with less than 4,000 total for LS 5 and L35 cars, that group would have been on most of the total production of SS cars for the entire year.
Are the wheel dates all close together ?
Yeah, the restoration wasn't exact to production, but there are enough aftermarket goodies to feel it is a day 2 build...
Does all this hurt the value ? To a purist looking for an exact match, sure. If the price is in line for the quality of the workmanship and build, I'd go for it.
Thank you for the reply!
I would have assumed as well SS 454 ...came with a posi and buckets came a console.
All 4 wheel dates are the same.
I agree, it's a great day 2 build, Workmanship is excellent and outstanding on the paint and body work!
Thank you,
John