Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted

Please note

Old 06-08-2023, 01:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Wanted: Mallory Engine safety Control #28770 dial or...

Looking for a USED dial/rheostat to replace one I have that has a broken wire attaching point, OR, someone that can walk me thru a repair. The tab for the black wire is broken off the rheostat and I'm unsure what is required to just replace that attachment point. I attached pics of the front and back of what I'm referring to. Thanks all for looking. Gary
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-08-2023, 02:22 AM

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,977 Posts

Did you see the whole one on eBoy as link below, same white caulk blooped over wiring solder?
Your dial face is prettier if swappable but can you not just add the missing lead to your unit?
eBoy link, click here…
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18536886531...3ABFBMwvqvjJNi

~ Pete

Old 06-12-2023, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac View Post

Did you see the whole one on eBoy as link below, same white caulk blooped over wiring solder?
Your dial face is prettier if swappable but can you not just add the missing lead to your unit?
eBoy link, click here…
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18536886531...3ABFBMwvqvjJNi

~ Pete

I WAS looking at that Pete, but I just spent 150.00 with the shipping for this unit. Not sure if I wanted to fork out another chunk for that mess. I messaged the seller and was told they would take care of a replacement for me IF I could find one. So that was nice of them.

I don't know bunk about these potentiometers. A rude fella from Facebook noted he didn't know 'SHEET' about these and he was on one of those vintage race equipment buy and sell sites. He did say find a part number on it, which there is -1377215. After closely looking at the potentiometer I don't even know if it really is a two wire or three wire. Only one wire is still on it. Your EBAY link, was showing there were two wires on that dial, that made me ASSUME there were only two, so who knows. You mentioned the white caulk...I saw another control dial that had the very same caulk, I believe that's from Mallory itself. I pulled the white caulk off mine to look closer, but before I did I noticed the impression made by the missing wire and the broken tab...that alone made me think it's just TWO wires there.

It would be nice if I could find the parts breakdown for this piece or ANYONE with experience one them.

Been searching much of the day using the number on it with no luck at all.

Last edited by GaryC; 06-12-2023 at 02:47 AM.
Old 06-16-2023, 07:58 PM

Hi guys.

Been searching all this week for a replacement potentiometer for this Mallory 28770 with no luck. I did find a site on line that carries Mallory potentiometers and with out knowing ohms, watts and taper there is no way they could help. I did find another 28770 on ebay that was non functioning and made an offer to the seller for $25.00 for the dial only and the seller is sending out the whole unit.

Is it worth the trouble to find out what is wrong with a non functioning box, and does anyone know who, at this stage of the game, would open it up to go thru it? and is there even a schematic out there to go by. This info may help others. There really isn't much info on these things.