Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Other Muscle

Old 12-05-2006, 02:04 AM

Default Lost or missing Musclecars

i thought this would be a cool idea. if not it will fade into oblibion. a thread where we can chat about cars that you can use the phrase "what ever happened to"? local town boulavard bruisers or all out factory backed racecars, its all open for discussion.
what ever happened to Al Ekstrand's 1964 Factory Lightweight %2 Race Hemi Plymouth? Dodge and Plymouth each produced 2 cars (dodge had "dodge boys, ramchargers" plymouth had "melrose missle IV" and "the lawman"). the other 3 lightweight 2%ers are accounted for. still missing Ekstrands plymouth?
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 238113-sam_mopar.jpg 238110-laws_HPC5_72.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-05-2006, 04:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Lost or missing Musclecars

A few cars that I wondered about were featured in some old Car Craft magazines back in the late '70's early '80's. They were a 1969 Camaro RS Z28 that had a big block and a Lenco in it. The article told the tale of an arranged big dollar street race between this Camaro owned by Scott Brown? and a 1971 Hemi Challenger, also Lenco equipped, which was owned by someone named Lisk? In the article I don't think the race ever took place but, for their time, they were two bad ass street cars and I always whatever happened to these two cars.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM

I believe that was Steve Lusk...

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the guy; the car was a 1971 Hemi Challenger with a white vinyl roof and the double stripes down the side of the car. Scott Brown's Z28 appeared to be orange or yellow with black stripes and a black vinyl roof.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few cars that I wondered about were featured in some old Car Craft magazines back in the late '70's early '80's. They were a 1969 Camaro RS Z28 that had a big block and a Lenco in it. The article told the tale of an arranged big dollar street race between this Camaro owned by Scott Brown? and a 1971 Hemi Challenger, also Lenco equipped, which was owned by someone named Lisk? In the article I don't think the race ever took place but, for their time, they were two bad ass street cars and I always whatever happened to these two cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was to have been a 3 car shoot out.

Scott's 30 over 454 Camaro, Steve's Hemi Challenger and Joe's 500 CI built Gapp & Roush engine Mustang Peterson Publishing called the shoot out off for legal reasons.

The Camaro may still be in the Chicago area.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:20 PM

Okay...I've got one. What ever happened to this car? I've always thought this was a cool looking race car.

Mike
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2006, 08:39 PM

Here are some where are they nows!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was to have been a 3 car shoot out.

Scott's 30 over 454 Camaro, Steve's Hemi Challenger and Joe's 500 CI built Gapp &amp; Roush engine Mustang Peterson Publishing called the shoot out off for legal reasons.

The Camaro may still be in the Chicago area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in the Atlantic City, NJ area and I saw Joe's Gapp &amp; Roush Mustang loaclly. The Boss 429 style motor was long gone, replaced by another big block Ford engine. The car was no longer silver and had some other hood on it. The car was at the AC auto auction and was purchased locally. I haven't seen the car in a few years.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:29 AM

Thanked 1,048 Times in 332 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was Lisk. This car was a regular on the East side of Detroit runninmg Gratiot and Woodward along with Telegraph. This was the first car I saw in person that ran a Lenco on the street.

Car was around for several years in the late 70's and was even shown at Detroit Autorama a few times. Hmmm....

I was running a brand new 77 Plymouth Sport Fury that my buddy and I did a "switcheroo" one weekend after the 12/12 warrantee expired. Took out the factory 400/727 combination and dropped in a 69 440 6 pack and a set of 3.91 rear gears. Car was pretty slick, triple black, factory crank back sunroof, Cragars with Pro-Trac tires too; L60's out back and F60s in the front with airshocks. Man...I was happenin!

My Dad always wondered if I had some kind of exhaust leak...
www.mcacn.com
Old 12-06-2006, 04:20 AM

i imagine the vette is restored with a restamped block by now.
my dad bought a pair of red 65 vettes a coupe and covt in 1979, the coupe was a 300 hp 4spd n.o.m. and in pretty decent shape, the convt was a 365 hp 4spd that was cut for slicks, had flares, custom paint and was lettered up for the strip, he sold the covt that had a non matching engine for more than the pair cost and it turned up at a show in the mid 80's restored as a matching #'s car, so some cars were being restamped back that far. unfortunately no pics of either car were taken when they were brough home.