Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 06-21-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Re: 68-69 motion chevelle hood.

Joe you sent me a blank e-mail. Do you still own the car? How does it look today. I would LOVE to see pics.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:46 PM

hvychev,
That was code Frank!!--------------------SORRY.

Yes---I still own the car.-----getting some pics together--will PM you----THANKS---JoeG-- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2003, 06:17 PM

JoeC,
That car is a model representation from a picture of my car-------- Joel Rosen surprised me by submitting a picture to ERTL.--Front of the full fiberglass stinger hood, on the actual car is opened & the back is closed.----JoeG--
Old 06-24-2003, 05:26 PM

Thanked 1,652 Times in 486 Posts

JoeG, What happened when you drove in the rain with front of stinger hood cut open? Did dist cap get wet and cause any problem? I always wondered about that on some of the Motion cars.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:30 PM

JoeC,
Unless it was a heavy downpour the heat from the engine would evaporate any light moisture---I always wanted to rig up an cable-controlled inside manually operated flap but I decided to keep it simple --in heavy rain ,especially on the highway- I would wedge a large piece of heat tolerant foam plastic coated on the front----- flush to the opening---never had a problem--just had to adjust to the situation--- Like I said I kept it Real simple, --I could have adapted the '67 vette stingray cast insert to fit,but never felt the need to----- I'm sure other fellas found thier own little solutions to not so big a problem---anyway the rain always stopped eventually,and the sun would shine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]-------------JoeG- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeG For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (12-31-2021), x Baldwin Motion (12-26-2021)
Old 06-25-2003, 07:31 PM

joe,
did your car come with the ss396 or ss427 badges? does anyone sell the stinger hood today? I'm sure mant here would like to see some color pics if possible. thanx mike
Old 06-25-2003, 10:01 PM

rat tuned,
This was a PhaseIII L78 ,so it has the SS396 badges,--there is----- PHASE III----- in white letters on both side of the stingray hood---which I had to remove right after I got the car , because some car-guys knew of the awesome PHASEIII 427 camaro and the PHASEIII letters would make it tough to get a money-run--they figured I was trying to sting them with a 427 under the hood and 396 badges on the car---lot of mind games back then.
As far as I've noticed in hood catalogs there isn't a stock # for a stingray scooped fiberglass hood for a 68/69 Chevelle [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]??---But with the specs, a good fiberglass man could make a copy of almost anything-----you just have to see if the price fits into your budget on how much you want to spend.--------------------JoeG [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Photos---I sent some photos to be posted---so you could see just another of the different flavors of MOTION cars in the 60's---American car companys were on a muscle-car roll mid-60's to early 70--it was hard to keep up and try to stay ahead of some heavy muscle,- with all the horse-power they were throwing at you----but like a lot of car-guys, I had a hell-of a lot of fun trying to!!!------- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]--- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 02:37 AM

Hey rat tuned,

Per your 2/24/03 post: "I was just looking through an old musclecars mag(1984) that has an article on a 1969 phase 3 chevelle. although it states that the car is a 69 it has all 68 trim. "

I wondered if you had any more photos from that article, or the article itself you can post or send my way.

Much appreciated. PS - seems from some of your posts you might be working on a '69 MOTION Chevelle clone/ conversion; just curious as to what your plans are for emblems, color, stripe/s?, wheels, hood, interior, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]etc..

Edward.
[email protected]
Old 08-25-2003, 11:10 PM

hi edward,
at some point I thought that I would do a conversion. but I went another route. I just happen to be a big fan of all motion cars but chevelles in particular. I have several articles about motion chevelles and collect old magazines. my favorite are the "cars illustrated" and "street and strip". I am sorry i am not very good with the computer and have no way of showing any thing. good luck mike
Old 08-26-2003, 04:08 AM

Thanks rat tuned; understandable.

More questions though...Can you describe some, if any, of the '69 Motion Chevelles you've seen - was the '69 BM Ertl Skunk Chevelle an actual car that you know of, or just a fabrication by thier modelers?

Any info is appreciated...
[email protected]