Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2017, 06:49 PM

Default Sotheby's auction at Hershey- Beware

Concerning Lot #174 which is a '61 SS 409 car. I documented this car back in '92 when it was owned by Dale Armstrong. The VIN is correct as well as the body number but the tag has been modified to reflect the current Arbor Green on green colors. The car was originally Twilight Turquoise with a turquoise interior. I also noticed what appears to be some metal work behind the VIN tag. There is no mention of it having been Dale's car in the listing.
I'm concerned because I can't see why anyone would take that restored car completely apart to change to those colors. IT also has the original Shop Order GM tag on the cowl, making it one of one. But the question exists as to whether the tags have been removed from Dales car (along with the driveline and other options) and placed on a Green car. Someone needs to get under it and check the frame VIN derivitive.
I'm trying to contact someone at Sotheby's now.

This car should be pulled from the auction until some questions are answered.

Verne

PS: The car is scheduled to go through the auction this evening.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Tracings.sm.jpg On road.sm.jpg Cowl Tag .sm.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...