Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1967 Corvette 427/435

DESCRIPTION
This is a REAL 1967 Corvette L-71 that was born Rally Red (974) with standard black interior. It was factory optioned with K66 Transistor Ignition, G81 (3.70 ratio) Positraction Rear End, M21 Close Ratio Transmission, Q81 Redline Tires, C07 Auxiliary Hardtop, A01 Tinted Glass, A85 Shoulder Harness Seat Belts, F41 Special Suspension Equipment, and N11 Offroad Exhaust. This car is NOT a clone.

Documentation and Authenticity
This Corvette has its original, born-with VIN and trim tags, as inspected and validated by two NCRS judges (copies of their inspections included with sale). I also have the original tank sticker in very good condition verifying the installed options, and a notarized affidavit by the person who removed the tank sticker from the car in 1994. This Corvette has the elusive no-hit body, featuring all its original factory installed black fiberglass panels (never been flared, never been wrecked). I have photos of the body stripped of paint as proof. The engine is a correctly dated restoration engine, which has been stamped with correct engine build data and VIN derivative. Most all other mechanical parts are original or date-correct to the car, including FA-coded rear end, transmission, TI distributor, alternator, starter, manifolds, etc. The carbs on the car presently are current production service replacements; a set of date-code correct carbs is included with the sale (in need of rebuilding). The ownership history is documented back to 1976 with extensive service and restoration history documentation. Since 1976, it has had four owners and has never been to auction or advertised for sale other than in local publications. It currently shows 54,XXX miles, which I believe original based on conversation with the prior owners. I have some leads yet to chase down regarding the ownership trail before 1976, just haven't had time to do it.

Frame and Birdcage
The interior birdcage is in excellent condition, showing almost all of the original zinc primer and factory red overspray in sections. Rocker channels are in very nice condition, showing some surface rust but no rot (the underside of the body was not restored). Frame was blasted and painted with DP-90 and is still very presentable today. The frame VIN is clearly visible and there were no rust repairs ever needed.

Body and Paint
The best physical attribute of this car is the pristine original body. It's the nicest original body I have ever personally seen on a 67 big block. The body gaps are as near perfect as you’ll find (look closely at the shut lines of the hood and headlight buckets). As mentioned above, I have pictures of the car stripped at the time of paint proving no accidents. The paint is base/clear, done 20 years ago to a show-car standard rather than NCRS. It has aged to the point that it’s now driver quality (better than a 10-footer but certainly not perfect), and it would need to be repainted if perfection is your objective. I personally think the paint is “just right” for a driver. Even though the paint is old, there are no body cracks showing in any of the common areas. Has all of its black fiberglass panels and glue, the fender lips are perfect and have never been flared or shaved for larger tire clearance.

Interior and Top
Top is very nice, window is clear and there are no tears. The frame is clean and it works smoothly and latches down tightly. I have the original hardtop, which is in unrestored condition. The hardtop trim is very nice, plexiglass average, headliner and weather strips need replacement. Interior is very nice. Carpets, door panels, and seat covers were replaced by a prior owner in 1976-1977. Seat foam is showing age and is not as firm or tall as it once was, and there is fraying of the piping on the driver’s seat from entry/exit. Dash pads and gauge cluster are original.

Mechanical
All systems of this car have been mechanically gone through over the past 6+ years I've owned it. I'm meticulous and never spare any expense to make things better than OEM. I have a file of over $15K in parts receipts for the work that has been done during my ownership. Very few reproduction parts on this 67, wherever possible I have sourced NOS or carefully reconditioned the original parts. It runs and drives as good as any 1967 Corvette, and probably better than it did when new. I could provide an exhaustive list of the work that has been done, but suffice it to say it is turn-key and ready to drive. Will be pleased to go into full detail with seriously interested parties. The only items currently in-op are the clock and the radio.

TERMS OF SALE
I hired a professional restorer and NCRS judge to inspect and validate the authenticity of this car before I purchased it, and any serious prospective buyer should do their due diligence to ensure it fully meets their expectations. I am a full-disclosure person and want the buyer to be satisfied with the car. I have a lift in my garage and can take any photos requested as well as make the car available for qualified inspection. I encourage in-person inspection if possible. I will make every effort possible to answer questions accurately and quickly. Corvette is located in the Chicago suburbs, near ORD. I will only take payment by wire transfer.

Price is fairly firm at $134,900.
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_0071.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-21-2017, 02:46 PM

I'm finding it very difficult to upload pictures here without resizing them to the point where a lot of detail is lost...have many pictures to share with serious parties.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe View Post
I'm finding it very difficult to upload pictures here without resizing them to the point where a lot of detail is lost...have many pictures to share with serious parties.
If you use a hosting site like flickr, you shouldn't have that issue. Absolutely beautiful Vette. GLWS.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 12-21-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe View Post
same problem here. never had that problem until the site was updated.

nice vette!

Old 12-21-2017, 10:46 PM

Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,593 Posts

----Is there a past owner whose surname is Norm?......Just askin as it reminds me of a very similar car from your area that I have followed (at a distance) for a very long time!.......Bill S
Old 12-22-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Is there a past owner whose surname is Norm?......Just askin as it reminds me of a very similar car from your area that I have followed (at a distance) for a very long time!.......Bill S
Bill,

It was sold new at Jack Douglass. I don't know the history from new to 1976, where my paper trail picks up. It's had 4 owners including me since 1976. It was in Michigan through 2004, then PA until I got it in 2011. The person that owned it from 76-82 bought it in Northville, MI, from a Tradin' Times ad.

The major identifier on this car is that it was repainted silver sometime before 1976, and stayed silver until 2001 when the body and paint was restored.

Same car?

-Nick
Old 12-22-2017, 03:53 AM

Kool Vette.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:38 PM

Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,593 Posts

----Thanks, Nick! I was pretty sure my friend Norm still has his red 435 stashed in his garage, but I haven't talked to him in a couple of years. That car still has its original bolt-on wheels. Cool that yours came from my old boss's dealership though!......Bill S
Old 12-22-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Thanks, Nick! I was pretty sure my friend Norm still has his red 435 stashed in his garage, but I haven't talked to him in a couple of years. That car still has its original bolt-on wheels. Cool that yours came from my old boss's dealership though!......Bill S
That sounds like a great car! I will scan and load some Polaroids of the car in silver from the 1970's soon, maybe you will recognize it.

I wonder what happened to the original engine, when my friend Don got the car in 1976 it had already been replaced with another big block. Also wonder how it got from the Chicago suburbs to Michigan.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:58 PM

I am not having luck with the pictures here, and as everyone knows Photobucket is no longer free. I have lots of high resolution detail photos posted on Corvette Forum, and will upload to a new photo hosting service so I can embed the HTML links here (but probably won't be until Sunday).