Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-10-2004, 01:51 AM

Default Price of cars since Barret Jackson sale

I would like your opinion on the worth of my 67 Yenko Camaro, 68 Yenko Camaro, 69 Yenko Camaro, 69 Yenko Chevelle and 69 Yenko Nova, since the sales in Scottsdale. Somebody like Charlie or Kevin, etc. It is time to renew my insurance and I want to make sure coverage is adequate. Thanks for the help
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-10-2004, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Price of cars since Barret Jackson sale

Aloha Keith, Any pics of the cars and how Org are they?
Old 02-10-2004, 02:23 PM

Hi Keith, how have you been? Still taking good care of the 67 L89 Vette roadster you bought from me?

My take on the B/J auction is that the big money was spent on custom and made-up clone cars. The real cars like yours and mine went down in value. For example the COPO Chevelle that sold for $60K. So save yourself the insurance renewal money and unload your cars cheap to me.

I'm just kidding you of course. Just don't know how to equate B/J auction sales to actual values. Most didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

That's a good one Kevin. The COPO Chevelle actually sold for close to 80 with all the fees, and, it was an automatic on the column/ bench seat car. IMO, a comparable 4 speed with good docs & history would have topped 100K. Look at the BROWN RS Copo Camaro that went for over 140 with fees. Since no Yenkos were for sale at any of the four major auctions in Scottsdale, it's tough to predict what they might have sold for. Suffice it to say that they haven't gone down. Once the "blue sky" premiums of Barrett-Jackson die down, pricing will probably settle back to where it was just before the auction. As far as what a particular car is worth, the premiums paid for high quality, "no excuse", well documented cars with desireable colors & options seems to be increasing over average cars with a lack of some of these assets. Just MHO, of course.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:49 PM

Ha-Ha! Yep, I agree with you Mike. Prices are still strong on Yenkos. Supply and demand ensures high values, because there's not many for sale. The baby boomers that can finally afford their dream cars of years ago, are buying them now, with intent of hanging on to them. Not like the speculative buying that drove prices up in 88,89,90 time frame.