Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-17-2015, 04:25 AM

Default Lost another one,was also a jet car racer.

ROGER LEE GUSTIN, 76, of Franklin Furnace, Ohio, went to be with the Lord on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at the Hospice Care Center in Ashland, KY. The Ironton, Ohio native was born March 2, 1939 a son to the late Arthur (Nick) and Helen Holderby Gustin. He was owner of AutoStar Productions, as well as Super Chevy Shows. He is survived by his daughters, LeeAnn (Bruce) Crawley of Bowling Green, Kentucky, Pamela (Lou) Mains of Ironton, Ohio, and Valerie Gustin of Arlington, Texas and his beloved granddaughters, Abigail Crawley of Bowling Green, KY. and Rebekah Crawley of Lexington, KY. He is also survived by his brother, Bill (Brenda) Gustin of Ironton, Ohio as well as numerous nieces, nephews and his very special friend, Laura Riepenhoff. Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, at Phillips Funeral Home, 1004 South 7th Street, Ironton, Ohio 45638. A private family funeral will be held at the convenience of the family. To offer condolences to the family, please visit www.phillipsfuneralhome.net. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made in his memory to the Ironton City Mission, 710 North 5th Street, Ironton, Ohio 45638
Old 12-17-2015, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Lost another one,was also a jet car racer.

i remember the Gustins well i remember jet powered tractors, 4 wheelers..cars etc...always a good show..always a lot of excitement to see them..i believe there where 2 or 3 family members that ran jet powered anything.

my dad was a line mechanic for Mc Donnell-Douglas and was a jet engine fan...THE only thing that ever interested him in a car was the Gustins...and we had a lot of fun going to see them...

THANK YOU GUSTIN family for the great times with my Dad...

rip!