Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 09-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 72 LS5

This is my first post on this site. I have been following the threads here for some time and I was only going to post if something interesting came up. Recently while driving in a rural area I came across a 72 Chevellle that has been sitting for a while. The 2nd owner talked to me briefly about the history of the car, it has a 454 in it, it is the original engine, it is a SS, and its in salvageable shape. I'm a camaro owner, two Z28's one a 70 and one a 71, so I know how extensive a project can go once started and the car is stripped. This car has all of its paper work from the original dealership, the POP plate and it has been sitting on this property for a very long time. The owner has reluctantly agreed to a possible sale date on it. Now I know there is going to be some serious work to this vehicle, but with the original paper work and all of its original parts to include the drive train I am still reluctant to give him a price. The 72 LS5's are not as desirable as the LS6's but this vehicle is salvageable and I would have to say that most of the work needed is going to be in the floor section with possible frame work, and of course the lower half's of the quarters. I am also sure that other things will pop up during the rebuild if purchased. The motor is not seized but the question is whats it worth in todays market. Some feed back would be appreciated.
Al
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-02-2013, 01:13 AM

Default Re: 72 LS5

$10,000-14,000
Old 09-02-2013, 01:17 AM

Depending on colors and options ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 AM

That is more than I would have thought, even though I believe there will be some serious body work needed for it. Ok thanks for the info. If the purchase goes through I will post photos of it. The car is a black vinyl roof, and red body black strips, I still have to go over the car more completely though. We are in the preliminary stages of the sale as of now so hopefully it will work out, the documentation does appear to be genuine.
Al