Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-01-2013, 01:48 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts
Default Supercar Registry

I have talked "Bergy" into being the keeper-compiler of the Supercar Registry. I am working on getting software installed on the site to make it easier but for now you can PM or email Bergy to input cars for the registry. The existing database is lacking and needs to be updated. If you have a Supercar and want it in the database you should contact Bergy. I'm sure Bergy will chime in. Be nice to him because his pay sucks...
Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts
Default Re: Supercar Registry

Cool stuff Charley!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 AM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 327 Posts

The real purpose of the registry is to preserve the legacy of these Supercars. Many of us who have been in the hobby for a while have our own data bases that we have collected over the years. At some point, it's time to confront the fact that we're not getting any younger (especially me), and we need to preserve the known data about each car. The registry is asking owners (and former owners) to register their cars, and enthusiasts to share your data. Think of this as a contribution, a legacy, to the hobby that we love and enjoy. We realize that many of the contributors to this site have spent countless hours tracking down information on the Supercars. You could easily say - "why should I give away information that I worked so hard to uncover?". Well, the simple answer is "why not?". You can't take it with you. It makes sense (to me) to place the information in a repository where it can be permanently stored, collated, and cross referenced. Sure - keep information about hidden treasures if you must, but share what you can.
Soooo....we are asking OWNERS and FORMER OWNERS - to PM me with their email address to get the form to register their cars. We are asking ALL ENTHUSIASTS to send in information that they have gathered on individual Supercars (submit it by scans, faxes, snail mail, etc.). If copying is a pain - send in the files and I'll make copies - originals will be returned fully and securely. All information will be collated and cross referenced for accuracy. This data will not be made public (initially) and the names of the contributors will not be disclosed without their permission. Ultimately, it would be great to have a public registry (think Shelby Registry), but that is way down the road. The site will acknowledge cars that are officially registered. We have all seen cars that are advertised as "registered on the Supercar web site". The truth is that cars may appear on the VIN list, but they are not "registered". Please - let's get them officially REGISTERED.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM

Bruce is the man to do it. I have seen some of his records and his material and paperwork on the cars he is looking for and cars he owns. A walking encyclopedia in my opinion. Easy man to talk to also.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM

What Is classified as a supercar?
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM

Dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the Chevrolet dealer built Supercars and COPO cars.

From the front page of Yenko.net
Old 10-01-2013, 12:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What Is classified as a supercar? </div></div>
Any car I own. HA!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:06 PM

What about supercars with &quot;troubled&quot; histories? Cars with accused trim and vin tag discrepancies and/or body swaps? How will those cars be handled if there is conflicting views of the history or authenticity (some BM cars come to mind.) Just trying to figure out what will be allowed to be registered with the website? Any criteria?

-Matt Kurek
Old 10-01-2013, 01:47 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the Chevrolet dealer built Supercars and COPO cars.

From the front page of Yenko.net </div></div>

Never even seen that.. LOL thanks for clarification.

So if I have a converted car from a Chevrolet dealership with paper work it would be concidered a super car?

Say I bought an L78 camaro, chevelle, Nova ETC, and had my local dealership convert it to an L88? Would that be considered? I guess Gm wouldn't warranty the car if the motor was changed. Did the known dealers that did conversions warranty there conversions?

Just trying to understand what clarifys a dealer supercar?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 327 Posts

Good question. I thought that the dealer converted Supercars were going to be from the dealers listed under &quot;Pictures and Production Info&quot; (left side of the site home page). Feel free to submit your info though - better to have too much data then too little.

Forms are being sent out - good response so far. You can also email your request directly to me at [email protected] if it's easier. Thanks, Bruce