Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 09-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Anson wheels/ Motion hood

I just got off the phone with Legendary as they agreed to make the special Phase III rear wing for my 69 BM Camaro that I am restoring. I think his name is Larry and is the owner. Anyway, he mentioned they had made a special prototype hood for GMMG for the new Berger/Motion Camaro that has been talked about elsewhere on the board and that they had made the hoods for the SLP Firehawk cars.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:51 PM

Kind of ironic that you mentioned the special hood they built for the new Motion Camaro. One of the things that upset Joel Rosen about he Motion project being shelved, was this hood, as he "called in a couple of favors" to get this Motion type hood built for 2002 Camaros.
All for naught. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 10:07 PM

Legendary told me they built the hood in one day and overnighted it to GMMG. Apparently the prototype car was supposed to be at the Reunion.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:23 AM

A lot of us spent a lot of money and time on this project. I built a 427 prototype car, ordered a supercharger, painted a car and ordered and paid for two hoods, ground affects, etc, and ordered a lot of stuff that wont be used, so please dont push this issue any further. You are the owner and moderator of this web site and please get both sides of the story, before you make [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]comments.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:48 AM

Thank you for this iformation. I spoke with Larry Williams who has owned & operated Legendary Fiberglass for over 30 years. He was very friendly & said that he was the original & only supplier of the Corvette Phase III hood to Motion. He still has the mold & agreed to supply a hood at a very reasonable price.
I will let you know about the quality when I receive it in 4-6 weeks. They do not have a websight.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:22 AM

Do you know anyone who's interested in a 1973 RS Z28 Camaro. It has a newly rebuilt 1969 corvette 350 4 bolt main. I have a newer edelbrock intake to match the cam. I also have a holley 750 cfm carb. This car is straight it needs paint and interior. There is no rust on this car. I need to put the intake and carb on and buy new tansmission lines, the tranny is a newly rebuit two speed power glide with a B&M ratchet shifter and shift kit. The seats and dash are great the seat pads are great but they need to be covered. Also this car has all of it's chrome and it is in new condition. The rear end is a chevy 12 bolt Posi with 373 gears. This cars engine compartment is spotless and the shocks are air adjustable. This car has traction bars and a lot of engine and body chrome, oh yeah it has the original rear spoiler and an L88 Hood. My camaro is a looker! I want $3000 or trade of the same value. Please pass the word along! I also have a 64 Capri, 73 Silvarado Mud truck, 55 Chevy Bel Air Post, 195? Hudson Hornet, 65 chevy fire truck with a new 572 Big block, 51 Willys 2WD pickup with a 383, 77 Nova stock car, and i need a couple of sports quads the year of the quad doesn't matter but they have to be fast!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:37 AM

Trade you a '72 Super Cheyenne P/U. Custom - 402ci (now a small block) Th400, PS,PB, Factory Air for it.

See PIC attached.

Tulsa OK.
Attached Images

73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA
Old 09-30-2003, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are the owner and moderator of this web site and please get both sides of the story, before you make comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt, not for sure what me being the owner of the site has to do with what I posted. If I misquoted Joel or, if you feel what Joel told me was in error, all you needed to do was simply make a reply telling "your side". No need to bash.

As per how much time and $$$ you, and others, spent on the project, I have no doubt you are telling the truth. In fact, that is what still puzzles me, with that much invested, time and $$$, why the decision by GMMG to pull the plug?