Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar Features

Old 12-04-2001, 10:42 AM

Default Re: December feature car ...... COPO PETE's Nova

Willow Run is correct. Marlin will have a list of dealers that the '70 Yenko's could be ordered from.
Peter
Old 12-04-2001, 11:35 AM

Me too. But when I go to past feature cars it is there. Awesome car Pete. Was it sold at Jack Douglas and you pulled the stripes off? (JUST KIDDING!!)>
Old 12-04-2001, 12:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Rob, not sure why, but the link definitely does not work for me. I see Pete's COPO Nova on the home page, but the link to more info pulls up the Nov. feature information. Have refreshed bowser numerous times, but still getting the Nov. information.

[Edited by COPO (12-04-2001 at 07:28 AM).]
Old 12-04-2001, 12:53 PM

Casey;
There has never been a documented LT1 COPO Nova found in the U.S. that was not a Yenko Deuce. I have chased several 'COPO' Novas, only to find out that they were lame attempts to duplicate Peter's car.

The two that went to Canada were actually from an initial order of 10 cars by Central (?, Pete). Apparently, GM of Canada has not uncovered an additional 8 cars on it's papework so Pete's car is one of two that went to Canada.

All Novas produced from '68 on were produced at Willow Run, Mich. inlcuding the COPO's. The COPO LT1 engines came from the Flint, Mich. assy plant not Tonawanda like some POP's are coded. The list of dealerships that received Yenko Deuce Novas is long, I will try to download my list but my new computer doesn't have a disc drive!
M
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 12-04-2001, 01:19 PM

COPO/Yenko:

I just had one of those "DUH!" moments...the link below the picture (where it says December 2001) of Pete's Nova takes you to the November car, whereas the picture itself takes you to Pete's car. Sooo...time to fix a link...
Old 12-04-2001, 01:21 PM

Pete, now I know why you guys like to stay where it is cold. I see that your car came with the optional full body heater! Neat car, just love that silver............RatPack........

Oh guys just click on the picture and the article will come up but it does not work on the link below it though.............
Old 12-04-2001, 01:26 PM

Well Dave, I can see why you would be jealous for not having Douglas Yenko/COPO. There is a case to be made that 1 of the 22 or so Camaros he striped with Don Yenko's approval and authorization should be considered more rare than 1 of 198 that merely got shipped to PA. to have stripes applied. They were sold as Yenko Camaros to customere who believed they were buying Yenko Camaros from the authorized Yenko dealer for Chicagoland.
I know we have beat this subject before, but, don't throw stones, and, I won't have to stand up for my fellow Chicagolanders. Oh yeah, and my car. [That's a disclaimer]
Old 12-04-2001, 02:54 PM

Link fixed guys.
Old 12-04-2001, 03:04 PM

Yeah I'll second that sixtiesmuscle, not that I would have a vested interest or any such thing.

Douglass did state ,that he sold at least one 1969 Yenko 427 Nova. He was not certain if it was one that Yenko ordered or that he ordered direct.

Hopefully the "recently uncovered estate documents" will shed some light on this matter as well.

BTW ,Jack Douglass mentioned that Yenko Chevrolet had a traveling sales representative to promote the Yenko Cars.
Does anyone have info. regarding this individual?

Jack doesn't remember his name, but he does remember his beverage of choice. He drank Jack Danials and milk ,at lunch.

Another important piece of Douglass trivia is that all Douglass COPOs, even the ones without stripes were/are faster/quicker than Yenko Deuces. The exception of course would be a COPO LT1, without stripes ,which is much lighter and has less wind drag and thus much faster/Quicker.

Old 12-04-2001, 03:18 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><HR>BTW ,Jack Douglass mentioned that Yenko Chevrolet had a traveling sales representative to promote the Yenko Cars.
Does anyone have info. regarding this individual?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would have been Jim Spencer, of Span, Inc.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><HR>Douglass did state ,that he sold at least one 1969 Yenko 427 Nova. He was not certain if it was one that Yenko ordered or that he ordered direct.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since the '69 Novas are believed to be transplant cars, then what did he mean by "ordered direct"?

I'm not even gonna TOUCH that last statement...