Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-25-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

Ok, folks...first of all, thanks for all the kind remembrances. I am sure Larry would have been humbled by them.

On to a bit of business...with caution.

Yesterday, I met with the detective assigned to the theft of Larry's property. There was more stolen than just the cars and trailer, but I am going to try to limit my post here to the vehicles.

The detective's name is Rick Eberle and is assigned to the Auto Theft Division of the Tulsa Police Department. I told him of Ed's and my posting of the theft to the internet, both here and the Mopar site I frequent. He said it was a good idea, as the general agreement here and in the detective's mind - according to him - is the theft was accomplished by someone close to Larry.

Rick's phone number is: 918-669-6560/FAX:918-669-6521.

I gave Rick a disc I burned with photos of the cars stolen and a list of the cars Larry owned and where I believe them to be located.

The unusual thing of this is Larry only had one set of keys to his building{s}. PERIOD! Noone has ever, in the 33 years Larry and I were buddies, been allowed onto his property[ies] or into his building[s] without his accompanying the person. PERIOD!

For a period of almost a week, following Larry's death, all his keys were, for the first time ever, in another's hands - NOT a relative! I'll go into no further details with who, just suffice it to say, it was a first. At any rate, the keys were finally anted up to the attorney retained by Dee - Larry's mate - after 6 days of the other party's possesion of them.

Larry had a Dodge Caravan - just a work truck - which contained tools of his trade and many other items. That van has not been seen since the night Larry died. It was whisked away "for safekeeping" by the same party who snagged Larry's wallet from his jeans, removed all the cash Larry had on his person from him, AND muscled the Gold Rolex Submariner off his arm! Same person, again, NOT A RELATIVE!

The next day, the red Dodge dually we used to tow the 1970 B/M car to the reunion disappeared from Larry's driveway to his home. Also, this other party was observed - by Dee ane myself - removing the titles from Larry's file cabinet, rifling the drawers of his office and getting into Larry's computer. The other party said he was removing all of this, and a few more items, for safekeeping. Same person and person's wife, again, NOT RELATIVES!!

Fast forward to either yesterday or Thursday, and a court order to remand custody of all Larry's titles and personal property to the Tulsa Police/Sheriff department.

At my meeting with Rick Aderle - here at home - he showed me the titles recovered. Among the titles were the ones for the 1970 B/M car and the title to the Black 1969 Larry believed to be a B/M. All of the titles were not returned and the other party still, after being served with the order, retains posession of Larry's van and Dodge pickup.

I am so frustrated, I don't know what to do. I personally have seen the vehicles in front of the other party's house [the pickup] on the street - yeah, it's safer - and the van is in his back yard.

I need ideas of what to do, guys. Neither Ed nor I have any real input or say-so about this robbery, except basically, what I have entered here being witnessed by me.

The thief used a key to steal the cars. The back gate to Larrys building was used for egress. It was chained and padlocked at the time of the discovery of the theft.

A key was used to enter Larry's house. I put a big hasp and padlock up after that, but the damage had been done. I am LIVID, but frustrated.

I respond best to e-mails at [email protected] or, call me.

Send me an e-mail, tell me who you are and you get my phone number.

Thanks for responding to this, folks. I am beside myself.

Perry Litchfield
[email protected]

[ QUOTE ]
sure sorry to hear about this....he was a neat guy
will it be possiable to get a vin # list of the cars?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for now, until all the titles have been accounted for and a few more loose ends are tied up, the VIN list will be better not revealed. Maybe in time...
Old 06-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

If you know where the vehicles are, surrender the location and theif's name to the Police and let them take care of it.
Isn't that the best way to handle this situation?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:33 PM

Perry,
I just had a thought. Since the cars are now stolen and a felony investigation is in progress, the investigating officer can contact the NCIB with the VINs of the Corvettes. That will produce (at least) the original selling DEALER of the cars. It won't help recover the cars but I recall Larry was very interested in uncovering the history of the cars. In his honor, it certainly would be nice to pursue that information.

Verne
The Following User Says Thank You to Verne_Frantz For This Useful Post:
x Baldwin Motion (08-06-2023)
Old 06-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

I was thinking the same thing Verne..
Old 06-25-2006, 07:51 PM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

GREAT idea Verne!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:09 PM

I believe someone also suggested sending the VINs to Joel Rosen, which I think is a superb idea. Not to ask for documentation, but perhaps someone in the future may send him the same VINs for validation. Then the trap will snap shut on the rat.

Verne
Old 06-26-2006, 03:40 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

As Perry said.. Some of the titles have been recovered.. but the cars are still gone.. pray they stay in one piece to be either surrendered ..or recovered .. Hopefully before too much time passes.. I am as livid as Perry on this.. I've witnesses Larrys dually and van myself.. just as Perry described.. We made the rounds yesterday and everything else Larry had seemed unmolested.. Let's hope it stays that way.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:47 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

BTW... If any person or persons involved in the disappearance of these specific cars or knows of their current whereabouts is monitoring this board ... The reason you are starting to sweat so much now.. is because the heat's comin. And hell's comin with it.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:02 AM

Sent you an email Perry.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:50 AM

I don't understand.........

If the identity and location of the theif is KNOWN and the location of the vehicles is KNOWN, why can't the LEO's wrap this up pretty quickly???

Can someone please enlighten me!

Thanks,

Russ...