Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 02:05 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default FS: 1966 / 67 Corvette Coupe Vintage race car and 20’ Featherlite enclosed trailer

FS: 1966 / 67 Corvette Coupe Vintage race car and 20’ Featherlite enclosed trailer

This listing is a package deal with a 1966 /67 Corvette Coupe vintage race car and a 2009 Featherlite enclosed car trailer. Asking $80K for the entire package.

My close friend and racing partner Damian has experienced significant health issues and won’t be driving again. As such, he has asked me to help sell some of his car collection. I will advertise them first on SYC for a short while before resorting to the other typical venues…

Sorry for the lack of pics, but this is a last minute effort. I’m the dorky guy in the photo, not Damian… Some of these pics were snipped from videos. More photos can be provided directly to potential buyers, along with various videos as well.

This is actually an original 1967 Corvette Coupe (VIN still intact under dash) but had minor body mods done to make it look like a ’66 to qualify for certain racing groups.

We purchased this race car in 2005 and have used it in many West Coast events since then. At the time of purchase, it was black, was numbered “88” and had an L88 engine in it. After a little racing time, I decided a SBC would be better. With the B/B, you basically drag raced it from corner to corner and then steered around each turn. I prefer to run all out and throttle steer through the turns and a SBC tends to be more balanced in that situation.

The car currently sports a 362 CID engine (roughly two racing seasons on it) with lots of good components used throughout the entire car. 3.90 and 4.10 rear diff’s. Two sets of wheels roughly three years old. We repainted it a Porsche dark blue a few years ago which looks very sharp. More info will be provided to interested parties. Just PM me to start any conversations. I built / rebuilt most of this car so I should be able to provide lots of data.

A few years after we acquired this racer, I sold our 65’ Coupe race car and fancy two car hauler (through SYC – thank you!), and a 20’ Featherlite was ordered to haul the single car. It was outfitted nicely with cabinets, workbench, under floor wench, awning, AC and DC lighting, etc. and works very well for going to the races. Trailer had some large graphics / decals on it, but they have been removed.

We may consider selling the race car separately without the trailer (in case you don’t need a trailer), but will not sell the trailer on its own. This package deal includes all kinds of extra racing related goodies (tables, chairs, tool boxes, cords, hoses, fuel containers, spare items, etc.) so there’s a good value in buying it all together.

The car and trailer are currently located in New Braunfels Texas. If it doesn’t sell fairly soon, I may bring it back to my home in Petaluma where it always resided up until recently.

FYI – a few other cars potentially coming up for sale as well (more accurate info will be provided later):

2015 Corvette Z06 / Shark Gray Metallic / Jet Black interior / 7 speed manual trans / 18K miles
2007 Aston Martin Vantage / Tungsten Silver / Obsidian Black interior / 38K miles
2020 Morgan / Dark gray
2019 Maserati SUV (Levante?) with Ferrari engine / Dark gray
2020 Maserati something / Dark gray

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or wish to initiate conversations.

FYI – the Ca black dealer plate on the car is part of my collection and is not included in the sale…

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings… Charlie
Attached Images

Last edited by hubleyman; 08-02-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: updated some data...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hubleyman For This Useful Post:
scuncio (08-02-2021), Xplantdad (08-02-2021)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Sonoma Raceway 2017.jpg Sears Point Historics.jpg P7050006.JPG P4040008.JPG
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-02-2021, 01:31 PM

Sharp looking car. GLWS.
The Following User Says Thank You to COPO For This Useful Post:
hubleyman (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 02:43 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

What an extremely fair price for a Fun cool iconic car,and you say the Trailer is included too...amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
hubleyman (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr70 View Post
What an extremely fair price for a Fun cool iconic car,and you say the Trailer is included too...amazing.
Thanks for the compliment! Trying to offer these items at a very fair market price to help gather some funds for medical expenses....

Anyone who has participated in Vintage racing knows it's a sport where you pay to play, but don't get much money back on your "investment". Probably $200K spent on this car to date including its purchase in 2005. I believe the current engine was $25K to build. Chassis has high dollar Duntov Motors racing components. Trailer was over $30K by itself. Definitely a good package deal for someone that would like to get into this group of vintage racing, or simply add to their existing collection.

FYI - pics of car in and partially out of the trailer are after a fun race event at Laguna Seca and the car is very dirty. Typically this car (as with all of Damian's) are spotless top to bottom...
Old 08-02-2021, 06:37 PM

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,346 Posts

Dang, sorry to hear of Damian's health issues. It's hard enough getting old, and then having to deal with failing health too, is even more difficult.
The "pay to play" seems to be the norm in motorsports, unless you can acquire a sponsor with deep pockets. Hopefully, it won't take long to find the right person to desire this jewel to play with.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
hubleyman (08-02-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 01:57 AM

Just listed an ad for the 2015 Z06 on SYC...

Here is a pic of some of the cars I previously mentioned sitting in Damian's garage. He's the kind of guy that starts waxing all the cars at one end of the garage for the first round, and then waxes them all again to make sure they are spotless. I'm way too lazy to put that much effort into any of my toys...

Just wanted to share the quality and care that goes in to all of his prized possessions. No disappointments will be discovered after the sale for any of these fun-filled adventures!
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2021, 10:48 PM

Adding some current pics of the trailer.

Standby battery, power front tongue jack, tires and awning were all replaced in the last couple of years.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2021, 10:54 PM

Thanked 1,834 Times in 746 Posts

Someone please buy this vintage race car before I do something that my wife won't forgive me for.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TimG For This Useful Post:
fortim (08-03-2021), hubleyman (08-03-2021), PeteLeathersac (08-04-2021), scuncio (08-03-2021), Too Many Projects (08-04-2021), Xplantdad (08-03-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 12:15 AM

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
Someone please buy this vintage race car before I do something that my wife won't forgive me for.

Better you than me, I've already got a half dozen I'm in the penalty box for...
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
hubleyman (08-04-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 03:32 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

While I am not looking for another car, I am in the market for a Featherlite trailer like that one. If anyone buys the car, know I'd be interested in the trailer if it's split up.

GLWS