Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-28-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: 1969 Yenko Nova

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of makes one wonder who did know, and why the information was not made public back then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greed $$$$

Old 11-29-2006, 08:27 AM

Most likely $$$$ there were $$$$ several people $$$$ that knew $$$$.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I remember Warren saying he sold the paper work around that time that we were contacted. So it only makes sense that the people had that paper work from Warren in hand to find us. I have not seen any other information linking the car back to us other than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So around four years ago, someone bought the paperwork from Warren,(which one would assume would be the owner at the time), tracked your family down, was told the car was originally a 396, but never disclosed that information. Hum...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who owned the car four years ago?

1970 Yenko Deuce, YS-84
1972 Nova SS
1987 Grand National
Old 11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
Shortly before this thread started I was speaking with an aquaintance concerning Ed Cunneen and the reason he stop certifying cars. The aquaintance told me Ed had been sued over a red 69 Yenko that was sold and had been certified by Ed. The new owner had sued Ed thus causing him to stop doing Certifications in the future.

Does any one know of this story and is this true?

I'm reluctant to post this story but believe that when people's reputations are involved the worst thing is for rumor and gossip to lie in the dark. The truth can stand in the light!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. However, your reference to a 'red yenko' pertains to a '69 lemans blue Yenko Camaro that was painted red, and had houndstooth interior, etc.... This situation is completely different and independant of this Nova situation. We can discuss the 'red' Y-Camaro subject in a different thread if you like, so as not to divert the attention from the original topic.

MikeA;

The '69 Yenko Nova was last owned in PA by a Mr. Angeletti who sold it to Mitch Moore and Mick Price.

Dyer bought the car from Price/Moore.
Holub bought the car from Dyer, and had it cert'd by Ed.
Hand bought the car from Holub.
Ockerland bought the car from Hand.
Ohler bought the car from Ockerland.
Ohler sold the car to the current owner.

The silver deuce pics are out! I've taken a lot of heat over the years bec/ of that car, what a vindication when I saw those pics a while back. The real silver deuce body was not too bad, much better than several resto candidates. It was a simple decision to go the cheap way out, and use the '70 Forest Green 307, a/t car as a body donor. We can start a different thread for this topic too, but suffice to say that most people should be noticing a pattern when certain people/groups are involved - just take a look at the 'banner boyz'.
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM

so with all this selling of a 69 yenko "427" nova, what is the cost with this being so few . last discission I heard was 1 mill just to start talking. so whats it going for the last time. ?????
71 malibu (basket case)
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 PM

Ok, been sitting back just reading all of this in amazment or should I say disgust... I'm curious about this recent resto by BH, heard from reliable sources we're talking BIG bucks was spent.. Him being a Yenko expert it's hard to beleive he was clue less as to what this car was orig. Just an opinion of course..
02 SS
02 SS #2
Old 11-29-2006, 08:35 PM

Huh? How can you fault BH? We're talking about a non-original engine car that had already seen a semi-restoration! Plus, this car came with *literally* a notebook of stuff calling it a 427 car...it had a certificate from Ed, and *at least* one independant appraiser was hired, who talked to Emme, on behalf of the buyer...all before the car was purchased/restored. You can't fault them for not having been lucky enough to track down a relative of the original owner...someone, or more likely "2 someones", found out what this car was a couple of owners ago, but kept it to themselves until they could wash their hands of it...now THAT is disgusting.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,078 Times in 1,322 Posts

Perry in 1969 the Yenko novas were L78 cars converted to L72's. There are no COPO components that would identify the car as such eg: rear, suspension, radiator speedometer. In addition this car had been restored and badged as a 427 car for many years, several times. In addition it was certified as stated above. This cars true pedigree has been hidden by at least one of the past owners and the "Expert Locator/Researcher" who called the original owner four years ago.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 11-29-2006, 08:47 PM

How would you know what it was? With a certificate and paperwork from Yenko.....What is it? Apparently someone did know about 4 years ago....Who was deceptive? You do the best you can until new info comes forward...Is the exact history known on every car? Certainly not.....New information can be found everyday .....There are puzzle pieces all over the place.Different people hold most of the info......until it all comes together the truth may never be known on all the converted or unconverted supercars....

Steve
Old 11-29-2006, 08:59 PM

Perry, I think BH was asked to restore the car. Not check the history.