Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Motion Nova????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JD502</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My experience is that he went out of his way for free for complete stranger to help him document a motion car. </div></div>

If he helps out to solidly document 100% an original Motion vehicle, then why not do that for his own Nova?

-Matt </div></div>

MATT, I believe ( and this is JMHO) that he is not to friendly with Joel. (End this is hurting his chances of getting to the bottom of this matter) And he does have a ton of stuff on the car, and from what I believe even ex employees know of the car. I dont wanna speak to much on the documents and evidence he does have on this vehicle, as its not my car.
But like I said before if this car gets sold to anyone and is titled out of the current owners name. I would bet anything that this car is a documented motion car at some point. Can't bet the wifes new Tahoe she would shoot me
Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JD502</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JD502</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My experience is that he went out of his way for free for complete stranger to help him document a motion car. </div></div>

If he helps out to solidly document 100% an original Motion vehicle, then why not do that for his own Nova?

-Matt </div></div>

MATT, I believe ( and this is JMHO) that he is not to friendly with Joel. (End this is hurting his chances of getting to the bottom of this matter) And he does have a ton of stuff on the car, and from what I believe even ex employees know of the car. I dont wanna speak to much on the documents and evidence he does have on this vehicle, as its not my car.
But like I said before if this car gets sold to anyone and is titled out of the current owners name. I would bet anything that this car is a documented motion car at some point. Can't bet the wifes new Tahoe she would shoot me </div></div> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] Thats funny!!! I agree with you JD502. I know Dan as well. Not a bad guy. Does have alot of info on this car. What it all entales I'm not sure. Sadly , he and his car are constantly under speculation by the upper eschalon of the hobby. A while ago I got a box in the mail just before Christmas from Dan. It was an old VHS tape converted from 35mm film. On that tape was old Drag races which a good many cars at the races were Baldwin Motion 1st Gen Camaros and a few Vettes as well as some badass Novas.All vehicles were New York Plated. Like I said he's always been ok to me. I do recall though him telling me that the car he has created some hostility between Joel and himself.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Does anyone know if this Freddy Calas guy is still alive??? This guy Dan mentions his name all thoughtout this whole ordeal as well as the ex Motion mechanic. What was that guys name??? Why not get something documented from them as well? Granted Mr Rosen might not remember the car but it is a possibility that maybe one of his employees worked on the car? Was Mr Rosen always at the shop everyday? Also has anyone given the thought that maybe this guy Freddie just purchased all the motion parts over the counter and had them installed at a different shop closer to his home? Though it was only a 44 mile drive from Elizabeth NJ to the Motion shop out on L.I., it's a long a*s drive. You'd have to go over the George Washington Bridge, down the Major Deegan then over the Triboro or Whitestone Bridges then down the Van Wyck to the Belt Parkway then out Sunrise Hwy to Motion. What was the normal turnaround time for a conversion to take place?? He'd have to leave it there for a cpl of days then drive all the way back out to motion to pick up the car? It only seems logical that he would buy the parts to do the conversion himself. I would have to believe that there were alot of speed shops out in NJ back during that period. Just wanted to put that thought out there and not trying to step on anyone's toes.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 PM

I *think* Dan told me that the mechanic remembers the car well, not sure if he notarized anything though. I know the guy was up there in age from what I remember Dan telling me. I think the mechanic is on the outs with JR as well?

Heck, look at Roger D, the orginal owner of a DH COPO, with his original paperwork that he cannot get &quot;certified&quot; on by the DH group.

Who you run with can mean the difference in this hobby, and I can genuinely say that Dan is an honest guy.

I agree that in the right hands, the car would probably get paper.

RichP
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robber6910</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if this Freddy Calas guy is still alive??? This guy Dan mentions his name all thoughtout this whole ordeal as well as the ex Motion mechanic. What was that guys name??? Why not get something documented from them as well? Granted Mr Rosen might not remember the car but it is a possibility that maybe one of his employees worked on the car? Was Mr Rosen always at the shop everyday? Also has anyone given the thought that maybe this guy Freddie just purchased all the motion parts over the counter and had them installed at a different shop closer to his home? Though it was only a 44 mile drive from Elizabeth NJ to the Motion shop out on L.I., it's a long a*s drive. You'd have to go over the George Washington Bridge, down the Major Deegan then over the Triboro or Whitestone Bridges then down the Van Wyck to the Belt Parkway then out Sunrise Hwy to Motion. What was the normal turnaround time for a conversion to take place?? He'd have to leave it there for a cpl of days then drive all the way back out to motion to pick up the car? It only seems logical that he would buy the parts to do the conversion himself. I would have to believe that there were alot of speed shops out in NJ back during that period. Just wanted to put that thought out there and not trying to step on anyone's toes. </div></div>

I drove 2 hours for my wifes Tahoe and got nothing out of it. I dont think 45 minutes is far fetched. If I had the extra money I would drive to Chicago to get a Nickey car in a second. Thats 10 hours away.

As for the ex mechanic He was alive a few years ago when I met him, Long before I knew Dan. And he told me a few stories of shenanagens with documentation of motion cars. ( yes it could be a pissed ex employee) But his motion chevelle was cool, and the pics of it getting worked on with Joel by his side where cooler. Only time will tell!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM

Are you implying that we might live in a society where certain groups of people look out for each other and shun others that don't make the grade...lol
Really though, very good point. The world shouldn't be like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69LM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I *think* Dan told me that the mechanic remembers the car well, not sure if he notarized anything though. I know the guy was up there in age from what I remember Dan telling me. I think the mechanic is on the outs with JR as well?

Heck, look at Roger D, the orginal owner of a DH COPO, with his original paperwork that he cannot get &quot;certified&quot; on by the DH group.

Who you run with can mean the difference in this hobby, and I can genuinely say that Dan is an honest guy.

I agree that in the right hands, the car would probably get paper.

RichP </div></div>
Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 AM

Tracy , you are 100% correct. The world shouldn't be like that.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robber6910</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also has anyone given the thought that maybe this guy Freddie just purchased all the motion parts over the counter and had them installed at a different shop closer to his home? Though it was only a 44 mile drive from Elizabeth NJ to the Motion shop out on L.I., it's a long a*s drive. You'd have to go over the George Washington Bridge, down the Major Deegan then over the Triboro or Whitestone Bridges then down the Van Wyck to the Belt Parkway then out Sunrise Hwy to Motion. What was the normal turnaround time for a conversion to take place?? He'd have to leave it there for a cpl of days then drive all the way back out to motion to pick up the car? It only seems logical that he would buy the parts to do the conversion himself. I would have to believe that there were alot of speed shops out in NJ back during that period. Just wanted to put that thought out there and not trying to step on anyone's toes. </div></div>

With all due respect, This was MOTION PERFORMANCE !! not just any speed shop..Imagine a guy came from Mexico and picked up a Motion Chevelle....and then drove it all the way back to Mexico...and he even had with a Motion Camaro tow-barred behind !!! I do not think driving from North Jersey to Long Island is such a stretch...jmho
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

These days it takes about the same amount of time to get to Long Island from Jersey as going from Long Island to Mexico. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
The traffic is nuts, I tell ya!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robber6910</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also has anyone given the thought that maybe this guy Freddie just purchased all the motion parts over the counter and had them installed at a different shop closer to his home? Though it was only a 44 mile drive from Elizabeth NJ to the Motion shop out on L.I., it's a long a*s drive. You'd have to go over the George Washington Bridge, down the Major Deegan then over the Triboro or Whitestone Bridges then down the Van Wyck to the Belt Parkway then out Sunrise Hwy to Motion. What was the normal turnaround time for a conversion to take place?? He'd have to leave it there for a cpl of days then drive all the way back out to motion to pick up the car? It only seems logical that he would buy the parts to do the conversion himself. I would have to believe that there were alot of speed shops out in NJ back during that period. Just wanted to put that thought out there and not trying to step on anyone's toes. </div></div>

With all due respect, This was MOTION PERFORMANCE !! not just any speed shop..Imagine a guy came from Mexico and picked up a Motion Chevelle....and then drove it all the way back to Mexico...and he even had with a Motion Camaro tow-barred behind !!! I do not think driving from North Jersey to Long Island is such a stretch...jmho </div></div>

Very good point!!