Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 AM

Default What's this 69 Camaro SS RS worth?

Hi, have a friend looking at buying this 69 camaro in the ad. What do you guys think of price based on description? I have pics that I'll post tomorrow.
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/3562744058.html
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-14-2013, 01:52 AM

Default Re: What's this 69 Camaro SS RS worth?

Not 15.7 in today's market based on that ad needing paint, body work and the interior.
Pics would be needed to know really. Also, if it was a 6cyl or 8Cyl vin.

RichPern
Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 AM

The camaro turns out to be originally a small block 350 non ss rs car fathom green with medium green interior, so yes a clone. Even with all the work done to it, would it be worth 10k?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:21 AM

Maybe a few years ago, if it were a real RS. These days, with that color combo you would have more in the car than it is worth. You could buy a more desireable car done or near done for less than you would have in restoring that car, if my mental pic is right from that description.

Again, pics would help also.

RichPern
Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Yes with all the sheetmetal replaced it is worth 10K. Build it however you want it and don't worry about it.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 AM

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,174 Posts

Although, depends on who did the sheet metal, and how well it was done.

I've heard this story before;"All you need is paint and misc. interior parts and good to go."

It USUALLY means. "All you need is 200 or so hours of basic body prep, another 100hours fixing misaligned panels, primer, block, primer, block then paint, and you are good to go."

I am not saying that is the case with this one. Charley may be spot on. But NORMALLY there is a reason the owner doesn't finish it.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:42 AM

Thanked 2,027 Times in 513 Posts

I agree with the cautionary tone. New sheetmetal scares me. I've seen NOS quarters cut in terrible ways because they didn't want to mess with the pillars. There's a Mustang fastback on eBay that has new quarters, tail panel and floors. Previous owner couldn't weld so he riveted everything....
Old 03-15-2013, 01:30 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although, depends on who did the sheet metal, and how well it was done.

I've heard this story before;&quot;All you need is paint and misc. interior parts and good to go.&quot;

It USUALLY means. &quot;All you need is 200 or so hours of basic body prep, another 100hours fixing misaligned panels, primer, block, primer, block then paint, and you are good to go.&quot;

I am not saying that is the case with this one. Charley may be spot on. But NORMALLY there is a reason the owner doesn't finish it. </div></div>

Oah, that is only $16,500 in labor and another $1,500 on materials to get it ready to paint. What's $18k between friends?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although, depends on who did the sheet metal, and how well it was done.

I've heard this story before;&quot;All you need is paint and misc. interior parts and good to go.&quot;

It USUALLY means. &quot;All you need is 200 or so hours of basic body prep, another 100hours fixing misaligned panels, primer, block, primer, block then paint, and you are good to go.&quot;

I am not saying that is the case with this one. Charley may be spot on. But NORMALLY there is a reason the owner doesn't finish it. </div></div>
I echo that comment, alot easier to start fresh than mess with someone's past mistakes. (if previous work was in fact done poorly)
1970 LS6 Chevelle Matching #s Project
2001 LS1 Camaro SS SOM Stock
2008 LS3 Sierra Denali Blk Stock
Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jireh Customs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although, depends on who did the sheet metal, and how well it was done.

Oah, that is only $16,500 in labor and another $1,500 on materials to get it ready to paint. What's $18k between friends? </div></div>
I'm not really worried about the restoring costs, only the buying price. I have a body man who's really cheap and did my car for $6,500 with lots of bodywork needed and no shortcuts done to it. I'm sure that on this car we can get it painted for under 5k and it will be as mint as a 20k paint job on a carvright next to it with same PPG paint. For interior we are hoping to spend no more than 3k on parts and have my other buddy do all the installation. Now we just need to hope the car stays around for awhile. Me and my buddy are both busy this weekend and won't be able to check it out. The trans is supposedly #'s matching too