Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar Features

Old 06-20-2008, 08:17 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts
Default Re: December '04 Feature Car

Sam...I think that Brian is referencing a different car?? He says SCR9???
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam...I think that Brian is referencing a different car?? He says SCR9???

[/ QUOTE ]

The 8002 68 demo/prototype car has not been to an SCR yet... it is currently in mid-restoration, but the original one piece spoiler/decklid from this car was on one of my display tables at this year's SCR. I'm pretty sure you even took pics of it Bruce. Hopefully next year the whole car will be on display.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:37 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up Joe...I didn't remember seeing it...but these days...I don't remember much!

You are right though...here's a pic of the decklid

Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 AM

Hi my name is Bob krueger I am the original owner of the car in question. dec. 2004 feature car.yenko camaro #8016 ralley green. Jay kline chev. had 6camaros in Jan. 1968 3 green 3 light blue.(app. one tenth of production that year)all cars had same equiptment,same price $4438.oo, all m21 4 speedcars. Ibought one of the ralley green ones for $3750 plustax as it had 825 miles on it. pulled the motor 2 weeks later,made it into basicly an l-88 with iron heads with extensive head work an holley 3 barrel 1050 c.f.m. hooker headers and much more h.p 600 650 e.t. 11.38. Raced at northstar dragways mpls. mn. 6 races 6 1st place wins. Im the good looking guy sunglasses, white t shirt trophy in the picture.Next to the green camaro. now some of the b.s. Ijust read about. Was not a fred eggers car. Was not out of the state of M.N. untill restored. (car now has app. 5 mistakes in the restoration compared to when it was new) Had front and rear ss emblems.Did not have afiberglass rear spoiler and trunk lid. All six cars had pontiac ralley wheels with trim rings. All 6 cars were ss trim, with no added guages. All 6 cars had holley double pumper carbs. Anyway I have alot of pictures of it when new,plus I have all the original paperwork, window sticker, purchase order,and payment book 36 payments of 93.00 month. sold the car to my brother for $2500 2years later,He totally striped car down on outside,no emblems,THREW AWAY hood.added more H.P. atunnel ram with 2 4 barrels andhis times were app.10.40 bottom 2 pictures or so. To much typing got to go. any questions on 68 yenko camaros (best year ss/rs trim and door plate.)Low production app. 64 total. Please reply Bob krueger

all 6 cars
greengreen ones of $3750.00 asa it had afew miles 825.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:28 PM

To add to my previous reply,as the 1st owner of the dec. 04 feature car. I looked over all 6 yenko camaros that Jay Kline chev, had in 68.all had the same options and same price,except for color. ralley green, or light blue.no fiberglass rear trunklid or spoiler. All had the nostrils open on hood,all had the ss emblems on front grill and gas cap. the other thing Inotice on all 68 restoreations is the yenko badges on front fenders are located to low and a little to far right on the top of the camaro emblem. Also all 6 camaros at kline chev had black plastic 3 spokesteering wheels,with ss emblem in center. Not the wood one on the dec. 04 car which is incorrect. I at one time in my 36 years in the auto bussines worked at kline chev, in the late 70,s, got to know the owners son who gave me a chance to copy sales records from 68.Istarted going over these 4 years ago After many months on the phone with the state dept. of transportation and on the computer, tracking all the 6 yenkos they sold that year,(one was the one I bought that left 5) I finaly found one of the light blue ones, by pure luck. and bought it last year. can any one tell me the name of this color or paint code,asit was not on purchase order? The car had remained in minnesota all this time or I never wuold have found it, what I found out about the other 4 cars is it appears they were junked after bad accidents some with fatalities.(no surprise every 19 year needs one right?)I did. some help with the paint,I have seen one other car that color on this site Thanks BobKrueger
Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 PM

Wow!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,186 Times in 1,967 Posts

Cool info Bob!.
Owning 2 of the 6 Kline '68 Yenko's is certainly something!!!
L[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img]VE to see any details you can share of your current car..

And welcome aboard!.
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete
Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM

Bob, is it Island Teal Poly?
http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorli...rolet-pg01.jpg
Old 05-06-2010, 08:08 PM

Thanked 3,813 Times in 993 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: original owner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other thing Inotice on all 68 restoreations is the yenko badges on front fenders are located to low and a little to far right on the top of the camaro emblem.
</div></div>

Great information Bob. This is one of those Jay Kline cars painted Fathom Blue, paint code - - and with the Yenko emblem mounted over the existing &quot;SS&quot; emblem that was removed. I had been told that Yenko never did this but this is an original paint car and you could clearly see the outline of the Yenko emblem under the Camaro badge. There were no holes above the badge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 PM

Thanked 3,813 Times in 993 Posts

Bob, do I understand you correctly that there were NO spoilers on any of the 6 cars from Jay Kline? This car had 5 brazed up holes (all in line and not two rows I might add) that do not match a GM spoiler and we are confused as to their origin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations