Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1965 Corvette 365 hp Coupe

I am selling my 65 Corvette coupe which I purchased in 2006. I wanted this car because it was a combination of what I was looking for in a mid-year, a straight clean body but no body-off. I also wanted an HP small block. This car stands out at any Corvette show or any other show/cruise I’ve taken it to. It received a blue ribbon at Eyes on Design in 2009 among many other Corvettes competing in that class. All numbers match. The engine still retains its original 11.1 pistons and 30-30 cam. The engine is HL coded which depicts a 327/365 with transistor ignition. The transmission was rebuilt 750 miles ago and a new clutch and throwout bearing were added as well. It has a 3.70 posi rear. The car idles beautifully and sounds great as it has the off road service exhaust. The car is very well preserved so I will list only the major things I know of that could get a deduction for NCRS flight judging:

The carburetor is service dated but is the correct Holley list 2818-1

Paper air filter element

Replacement AC Delco battery

Reproduction bias ply Firestone gold line tires

Original accessory locking gas cap

Non-original AC Fuel Pump (original is included however)

Bilstein shocks painted the proper grey

The body is in outstanding condition with gaps better than most C2’s I’ve seen. The doors close nice and solid with very little effort. All of the wheel lips are original and in perfect condition with no trimming for bigger tires or slathered up with putty. Bonding strips are all there and perfect. The Silver Pearl paint is beautiful has great depth and gets many compliments. All of the glass is tinted including the windshield and all are in beautiful condition. The stainless and chrome all are in great condition.

The interior is all original with the exception of the center of the driver seat cushion and the driver seat back left bolster which were matched very well. Even all of the carpet is original and in beautiful condition. The NCRS members are always amazed at the interior and how well preserved it is.

I have shot-peened and rebuilt the original rear spring, rebuilt SS sleeved calipers and master cylinder, had the power antenna rebuilt (expensive!). The starter, voltage regulator and alternator were all rebuilt by John Pirkle two years ago. Replaced the TI amplifier guts with a solid state unit from Lectric Limited and had the distributor rebuilt by well respected Chevy tech, Shelby Jett. My intention was to have the car flight judged next year but unfortunately my priorities have shifted. I almost forgot to mention, I also have the POP for the car as well and the past title history and five original Kelsey Hayes knock-off wheels (they are original KH wheels with matching dates from 1965 but are not original to the car which was built in Dec 1964) with the original textured finish between the spokes. They aren’t perfect but have a patina that really compliments the car. If I had to rate their condition on a scale of one to ten, I would have to give them an 8 ¾. The car was last judged by the NCRS in 1988 when it received the Duntov award. The car shows somewhere under 38,000 miles but I cannot claim this information to be accurate. $65,000.00 OBO

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Default Re: 1965 Corvette 365 hp Coupe

Car is sold.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM

Great looking car.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:30 PM

Thanks, I'll really miss it but it's time to find something new.

Paul