Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 08-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,422 Times in 650 Posts
Default Re: Corvettes at Carlisle photos

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x Baldwin Motion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

'57

I think this is the way to go for an older vette. I am so tired of over-restored, under-driven cars.

Thanks for posting Dan, good choice selection. </div></div>

I agree. Very cool! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

1966 Chevy Caprice 427-390
2012 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible]

Old 08-29-2010, 10:23 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MosportGreen66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find that amazing considering he never said a word of Yenko. This is news to me. I don't think it adds much value to the car though. Its still a day-2 '68 435 that cannot be shown in its current condition. Unless Yenko modified the car and he has paper proving that, a window sticker and/or P-o-P stating the Yenko origination is down right cool but doesn't bump the car up to '69 435 value. </div></div>

He had a glass covered poster board next to the car with solid yenko docs, build sheet, etc. I would hope anyone that saw the car would have checked out the docs 6 foot tall next to the car. Paperwork for the car being sold at Yenko and for the work that was done.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 PM

Are you kiddin' me??? A survivor Yenko 427 Vette? That's INSANELY cool, and I'm not even into Vettes!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 AM

Geez, I'm pissing off the Yenko crowd lately. It was an oversight. He didn't mention paperwork to me and frankly, I didn't ask. I never said the car isn't cool. Lets all calm down here. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 AM

Cool pics of great Vettes. Thanks for sharing Mosport.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:09 AM

That Silver Day 2 '64 Corvette is the one that was just recently on E-Bay with a dual-quad 409 engine in it. I thought it was pretty cool but it's apparent someone just bought it for the motor and put the 327 back in it.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:25 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MosportGreen66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find that amazing considering he never said a word of Yenko. This is news to me. I don't think it adds much value to the car though. </div></div>

I'm calm... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] Just seems like a crazy statement to me...Looks like the 6 foot display of docs standing beside the car. I guess everyone's entitled to their opinions but I would like to think the fact the car was sold and modified by Yenko might add a just a wee bit of value...
Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camarojoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MosportGreen66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find that amazing considering he never said a word of Yenko. This is news to me. I don't think it adds much value to the car though. </div></div>

I'm calm... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] Just seems like a crazy statement to me...Looks like the 6 foot display of docs standing beside the car. I guess everyone's entitled to their opinions but I would like to think the fact the car was sold and modified by Yenko might add a just a wee bit of value... </div></div>

Especially if you &quot;offered $40k&quot; for the car.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:12 AM

Looks like it could be sitting on a very rare set of 15x8 Atlas mags too.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:35 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hvychev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Especially if you &quot;offered $40k&quot; for the car. </div></div>

You have no reason to post in any of my threads. You create problems and its unwarranted. Your personal attacks are childish and why bother posting just to further an internet dual? I was actually considering sending you these Nickey ads I have here to try to mend the differences, but now... eh, maybe I send a freebie else where?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camarojoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm calm... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] Just seems like a crazy statement to me...Looks like the 6 foot display of docs standing beside the car. I guess everyone's entitled to their opinions but I would like to think the fact the car was sold and modified by Yenko might add a just a wee bit of value... </div></div>

Joe, I realized this after the fact. Total oversight! I'm just surprised he never mentioned Yenko. Excuses, excuses... but it was the end of the day, 100 degrees, yada yada, I missed it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That Silver Day 2 '64 Corvette is the one that was just recently on E-Bay with a dual-quad 409 engine in it. I thought it was pretty cool but it's apparent someone just bought it for the motor and put the 327 back in it. </div></div>

Mark, really? The crayon writing on the windshield said &quot;numbers matching&quot;... hmmm? Did the original motor come with the car?