Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-16-2001, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Ertl/Racing Champions diecast question

when ertl contacted me for specs for their b/m nova series i dealt with a mr dale peacock. he was ertl's chief designer i believe.this was before being acquired by racing champions.at that time their was interest in producing a b/m vega.if im not mistaken i believe joel has a die cast vega offered in his advertisment for sale starting at 29.95 on up.
the number for ertl is:319-875-2000
rich
Old 01-19-2001, 04:42 AM

Thanks to everyone for the great info. Now all I (and the other BM Vega lovers out there) have to do is start calling these numbers and visiting these websites and convincing Ertl that there "is" interest, and there is "enough" interest in my humble opinion to support other Vega projects. (ie. Baldwin Motion Vegas in various colors; Yenko Turbo Stingers; Scuncio Vegas; Grumpy's Toy) Let's start letting them know we're here.

Ken
Old 01-27-2001, 05:27 AM

I called Baldwin Motion today and they were a little "less than helpful" but gave me enough info to go on concerning a diecast Vega they advertise. Apparently they've been working on this diecast since last year and have been having problems, thus the reason it's advertised, but it actually is NOT available yet. They do not even have an anticipated production date yet (the lady I talked to seem bugged that I even asked), but suffice to say, their "will" be a Baldwin Motion Vega produced, and it will be a good quality diecast produced by the folks at Ertl/Racing Champions. (yea!) But for now, we just have to wait.... :-(

I'll keep checking and keep everyone posted.

Ken