Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1970 BB Nova

Hello,

I've lurked, posted very little.

Some of you may have seen this car on SNS, I may have talked to some of you and look forward to more. But after reading the post on the Story with the 70 L78 recently I was inspired to try here.

I've been trying to research my car and I'm not having very much luck through most of my channels. My hope is that someone here maybe recognizes this car from back in the day.

Here is a quick summary and some photos. I bought this car when I was 17, this was 1989. It was missing the motor and trans. The guy I bought it from said it was a BB car, at the time I really didn't care. I worked on it, put a SB in it and it was running. I went off to College in 90 and it was in my Grandpa's Barn until three years ago. I've basically documented all the original BB parts on the car so I'm convinced it is an original big block car.

I bought this car in New Berlin Wisconsin in 1989. The guy I bought the car from (Jeff Schaeffer) was from West Best and was keeping it at his Brother in law's house (Craig Damato). Does anyone remember this car? It's hard to miss with the Double Dash Green. I know this car was raced, possibly at the Grove? I'm not sure if it was ever on the street. Any leads would be appreciated. If you want me to add some more info just ask.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments - The Supercar Registry Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 6.05.32 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 11.51.59 PM.png IMG_8669.jpg IMG_8606.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 AM

Default Re: 1970 BB Nova

Working on pics??
Old 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM

Day I bought it in 1989

Day it came home

Out of the Barn for a bit in 91

Finally time to come out

First Light since 91

Last summer 2012

Old 02-17-2013, 12:42 AM

Oh Wilma [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Thanked 1,609 Times in 495 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Wilma [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

Dan </div></div>

Wilma wasn't &quot;online&quot; yesterday...took a day off from the SYC Cyberworld...it looks like a cool old car...would love to see more of the details and photos...and yes, I would drive it as for awhile before doing anything serious...

With one exception: please do something with that fuel line...that flare nut setup scares me...too close to the fan...if that ever leaks while your driving..watch out...I would recommend a factory style line that comes up in the stock position..not a big fan of those universal Holley fuel lines...but, if the rubber connection is new...I can live with it...but, that current rig scares me!
Hope to learn more about this car...my first L78 car back in the day was green.

wilma

H
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 02-17-2013, 04:12 PM

I've visited with Grim over at SNS I believe he has a Nottingham Green fire mist poly Cadillac color. Sans the -- on the trim tag. Not that unusual to find Caddy colors on special pnt applications.
I believe he has what he thinks he has. A special pnt L78 Nova.
Very cool.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schonyenko2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've visited with Grim over at SNS I believe he has a Nottingham Green fire mist poly Cadillac color. Sans the -- on the trim tag. Not that unusual to find Caddy colors on special pnt applications.
I believe he has what he thinks he has. A special pnt L78 Nova.
Very cool. </div></div>

Yes, we talked back when I was first getting ready to pull it out of the Barn again. Tom we talked too and Yes, that line is going. Bought a new carb and factory style line this winter.

I've been trying to trace this back. Had to Wi officers working behind the scenes to try and find something. I'm still waiting for my WI DMV to answer my request. With all these troubles finding something I wonder if I'm the first to register it for the street. Possibly it just went straight to the track? I've been running it around at several cruise nights and shows hoping that somebody remembers it. I haven't given up hope yet.

Anyway, here is some more pics. The pics below is what came on the car when I bought it in 1989. Otherwise, I have been able (lucky enough) to find all original BB parts that I was missing. I also did this without breaking the bank! Some has just fallen into my lap by chance and some has come with a lot of good people out there that are intrigued with my story and want to see me get it back to stock, well going to be more day 2.

Believe to be L-78. June 70 build. 4speed Bench with F-41 and - - Green.

There was a posi sticker there where the glue mark S is.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 AM

Please get it running and cruise around in it the way it is! Love cool beaters like that.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 AM

I do. It Rips, no plans to make it nice for awhile. I guess kind of catching up for lost time with it from the late 80's. Plus, I hate washing things!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grim70 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (05-22-2021)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:03 PM

And as far as the paint on the frame, that was me when I pulled it out the first time in 89 and gave it a good coating of Brushed on Rustoleum. The seats in the pick were from another parts car. The part that pains me in this pic is the standard door panels I pulled out and are laying there. You can guess I didn't save them!!

This is a good one with the motor mounts

this was the interior when I first got it. The floor had been drilled for Aftermarket buckets, the Indy Steering wheel. Also, see the passenger floor, that big hole was for the fuel line they punched through. Also came with the console tunnel from a parts car.