Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

A brace of Volts, the rascal's Performance Model 3, and a pallet of Sunoco 110 due Monday - it's pretty much a zero-sum game w/the ozone layer at our pad.

Magic carpet ride ...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMlfBKd_hz8&t=53s
Old 11-24-2018, 06:45 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Well if France is any indicator on the willingness to change then the Fuel Tax imposed on the populace there is looking to be a spectacular failure. Huge protests in Paris opposed to taxes President Macron introduced last year on diesel and Gasoline which were designed to encourage people to shift to more environmentally friendly cars. In addition Macron offered incentives to buy green or electric vehicles.

Paris is literally in a riot at this hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
69LM1 (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 09:39 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

The future of Hot Rodding... OMG... Thermal Runaway on a Tesla battery swap into a parade style vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdDi1haA71Q

If you quit before it's over, skip to 11:20 and listen to the comment about the battery. Imagine this fire eight times the size.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post
The future of Hot Rodding... OMG... Thermal Runaway on a Tesla battery swap into a parade style vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdDi1haA71Q

If you quit before it's over, skip to 11:20 and listen to the comment about the battery. Imagine this fire eight times the size.
The Cowboys tried that one.The burning car looked even more dramatic compared to the horse.It didn't work
Old 11-26-2018, 01:25 PM

Thanked 1,379 Times in 670 Posts

I know my opinion may not be popular (and I'm OK with that), but I don't believe in man-made Global Climate Change (is it warming or cooling this time?). I think it's a big business play to make money off governments around the world, and additionally, until you get countries like China and Russia to participate to any great degree, you're peeing in the ocean and not raising the tide by just regulating the US and it's friends.

I do, however, believe that man has a significant responsibility to protect the environment and to pollute as minimally as possible so as to have a clean planet for our kids and their kids going forward.

That said, I think there is a place for electric vehicles in our future (and really don't think we have a choice at this point) and they will probably take over for ICE vehicles in most cases, but I also believe that enthusiasts will keep the ICE going through our lifetime and probably our kids lifetimes. After that, who knows? And really at that point, we're all gonna be somewhere else, so who cares.
John 10:30