Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Rail yard incident

Yeah, but they'd be fixed new four year old trucks.

Wayne Scraba
Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ya That happened back last October and then after that mess a guy was killed down at the Ford Plant in Oakville,got himself between the Knuckles of the car haulers and the loco backed up

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm. are you sure this was only last fall? This photo sequence has been floating around for some time. Take a close look at those trucks. That's the previous generation Chevy pickup, and even though they marketed it as a "classic" for a short period of time, I believe it's been gone for quite some time. My guess is that's close to four years ago.

Wayne Scraba

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when I looked up the pictures on the net ( I have seen them before also) the one place said that the pics where taken in October of 2009 . Now that is only one source but you know the internet is never wrong

I do know that the rail worker was killed in January of this year though.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:52 AM

Try 2006. These vehicles would be covered by insurance and the insurance company would get rid of them.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try 2006. These vehicles would be covered by insurance and the insurance company would get rid of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly Right.

Wayne Scraba
Old 03-03-2010, 02:33 AM

If that incident was insured and paid out by CP, then GM sold the trucks with no dealer overhead -- CP I'm sure paid a very large increase towards insurance premiums. -- and I'd bet the car man for CP got promoted to an office job lol
Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 AM

I will take a 6.0 and a 2wd 4L60E off their hands.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 74NovaSS Send a message via AIM to 74NovaSS Send a message via Yahoo to 74NovaSS

whoopsie
Old 03-03-2010, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If any pre-delivery vehicle is involved in any kind of an accident then the vehicle must be "certified" scrap. Generally the salvage yard is required to cut the vehicle in two and prove the VIN has been destroyed - even if there is NO damage to the vehicle and only the transporter was in a minor accident. The real shame is when a trainload of new cars is involved in a minor incident and ALL the vehicles MUST be scrapped.

Too many PoS lawyers out there that would love to get a big settlement because the car or truck was "wrecked" before delivery.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 PM

I would lie and say a bunch of Toyota's came roaring through ...lol
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 PM

A friend of mine works fixing damaged cars at the import terminal for BMW.They get cars that break loose in storms on the ship and rattle around until there are no straight panels left.They hang all new panels and paint them up and sell them as new.They had one car that was on the deck during a hail storm.It has over 300 small dents on the top sides.They have a paintless dent repair guy fix every single dent on the car.All damaged cars are sold as new with no report of the incedent.Back when I was in high school,BMW did donate a new car that fell off a car carrier.It was curled up like a pretzel so there was no denying that one.I saw a new car that they put a quarter panel on and you couldnt see even one seam or weld that didnt look fatory.This guy is the guy that paints a lot of our hot rods out of his house.A lot of old cars are painted in BMW colors in BASF with German printing on the labels.

So damaged cars dont always get scrapped unless the insurance company deems them totaled,and even then they dont need to be destroyed or have the VIN cut out,they are donated to technical schools around the country.My father's old boat had a 318 chrysler in it that came out of a van that was donated to our high school shop class after it fell off a car carrier.I had nothing to do with it,the shop teacher was a member of my father's boat club and the engine was in a boat that my father got the engines out of.

So like I said,I wouldnt mind taking a 6.0 and a 2WD 4L60E off their hands.