Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 10-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,783 Times in 1,603 Posts
Default Re: Old pics - 1969 Z/28

----And that Cal-Custom throttle pedal probably shaved off a tenth as well!!!!!!!.......Bill S
Old 10-27-2010, 05:16 AM

Thanked 1,513 Times in 726 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
-----Bill,,,To your knowledge did this Z have its original springs when you took these pics. Am trying to make a point to myself.......Bill S </div></div>

Bill,

I am very confident that the springs were original. When I got the car, it had not been modified very much, just used and <span style="font-weight: bold">REALLY</span> abused.....hence the reason I got it for 300 bucks [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] Seems to me it had somewhere around 40K miles showing.

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 10-27-2010, 05:26 AM

Looks like a $1200 engine rebuild to me plus some new heads/intake and alot of other labor/parts. Either way a hafty bill.

Jason
Old 10-27-2010, 05:29 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al8apex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like that car had the factory stereo kick panel speakers ... and they are gone too, too much weight ... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]</div></div>

Jim,

You're absolutely correct.....but how in the world can you see that [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/confused.gif[/img] I have the original photo, and it doesn't show in that, nor in the photo that appears on my computer screen here. The car had a perfectly functioning Blue Light AM-FM stereo and all four accompanying speakers. Removed the Blue Light and sold it to a friend for ten bucks....took out the speakers and grilles and put them in a 69 Nova beater I had at the time. It also must have had a console and gages originally, but those were long gone when I bought the car....I seem to remember a wiring pigtail for the gages coming down from under the dash or the firewall area???

The cowl hood on the car was purchased used. I have no idea which hood it would have had originally. I ordered a rear spoiler for the car and sent it along to the body shop to be painted along with the car. The shop informed me that the spoiler did not extend all the way out to the edges of the quarter panel, so I just told them to leave it off....didn't know a thing about the different spoiler widths back then [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Pritchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al8apex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like that car had the factory stereo kick panel speakers ... and they are gone too, too much weight ... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]</div></div>

Jim,

You're absolutely correct....<span style="font-weight: bold">.<span style="font-size: 14pt">but how in the world can you see that</span></span> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/confused.gif[/img] I have the original photo, and it doesn't show in that, nor in the photo that appears on my computer screen here. The car had a perfectly functioning Blue Light AM-FM stereo and all four accompanying speakers. Removed the Blue Light and sold it to a friend for ten bucks....took out the speakers and grilles and put them in a 69 Nova beater I had at the time. It also must have had a console and gages originally, but those were long gone when I bought the car....I seem to remember a wiring pigtail for the gages coming down from under the dash or the firewall area???

The cowl hood on the car was purchased used. I have no idea which hood it would have had originally. I ordered a rear spoiler for the car and sent it along to the body shop to be painted along with the car. The shop informed me that the spoiler did not extend all the way out to the edges of the quarter panel, so I just told them to leave it off....didn't know a thing about the different spoiler widths back then [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] </div></div>

I have owned a ton (ok, probably only 80 or so) of 69 Camaros over the past forever, I notice things ... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

here is the picture you posted blown up a bit:

It also looks like you left the Tinnerman clips on the kick panels too ... the weight of those add up [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2010, 08:14 PM

You 'techies' and your picture editing software [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] The weight of the tinnerman clips is more than offset by the replacement of a good chunk of the steel trans tunnel with sheet aluminum (to clear the Hurst Super Shifter) [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 AM

This is the only photo I can find of my Z28. It's the 3rd in the lineup. This was when my younger sister got married in mid 1974. My car was green with white stripes, flat hood, console and guages. I can't quite make out how wide the spoiler is though.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:42 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MosportGreen66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bill, fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing!

The work as indicated...

Does anyone remember this place? Super Cars? My Dad has fantastic stories from it...

</div></div>

I remember that place well, it was a British motorycle repair and supply shop before that - used to head there frequently to get parts for my Triumph Bonneville. Business did not last to long before the Supercars moved in, but I don't recall them being around to often as well. I think it's an home heating and oil company now.