Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 03-26-2021, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
What is the name of that paint ?? I'm looking for a copper like that for my '38 coupe
You should probably send him a personal message to find an answer to this query.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:38 AM

As pointed out, Harley has an aging customer base that in my area is selling/ trading in Harley's for ATV/UTV Side by Side recreation vehicles. They are not attracting new customers.
I started out as a kid riding dirt bikes, wishing for the day I could buy a Harley. I started with a Sportster. That is what I could afford. My last one was a Softail. My friends all grew up wanting Harleys also.
My son started on dirt bikes but never wanted a Harley. He bought a Kawasaki Ninja 500R. His friends are all in to the same bikes. That is the real issue for Harley. How to stay relevant when your core customer base is naturally declining.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:55 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I've never owned a Harley but have loved them forever.When I was a kid in the 1950's my father was a cop on motorcycle patrol for our city's force.He drove,I think,a 1200,with a side car.Drove it in the Winter also.Had a kick start and tank "suicide shifter.I always remember him sort of jumping in the air and coming down hard on the kick start to fire it up on cold mornings.He was issued a big buffalo fur coat to keep warm while on the bike.The coats were R.C.M.P. issue from out West.He used to drive me to school while I sat in the side car.Boy the other kids sure envied me,lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to BJCHEV396 For This Useful Post:
L_e_e (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 12:07 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

HD needed a "cultural (global) boost. The plan was to get into popular culture by being the first in electric bikes and there by - get into the "good graces" of the global culture.

Historically one man showed the world how to wear a superhero cape and beat the cultural door down - becoming immortal within pop culture in the process while doing it. All this free publicity paid global sales dividends for HD for decades to follow.

It is not just the bikes... Knievel was a guy that the media just could not take the lens away from. Harley Davidson was the winner and so was America.

Today the programmed cultural view of America is vastly different from what it was but WHO ELSE could put the colors RED, White, and Blue, in the media's face and make them cover the spectacle right after Vietnam and the cultural aftereffects?

This--(the WHO ELSE)-- is of course a rhetorical question that I do not need the answer to.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2021, 02:21 AM

I agree 100% 70 COPO