Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Barrett Jackson COPO Camaro

Did anyone else catch the COPO Vin comment by the other on stage guy with the little camera ?
He said something like....You can go to the "COPO Connection" , they have ALL the Vin's for all the COPO's built...

Mike
Old 01-18-2009, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who owned the 3 in a row re-bodied car's in question here?

[/ QUOTE ] anybody know? I think this is pertinent info... PM's are fine..
Old 01-18-2009, 05:22 PM

I WAS WATCHING LAST NIGHT AND I AGREE THEY SURE DID GIE THIS CAR ALOT MORE TIME ON THE BLOCK THAN OTHER CARS. THE CAR SEEM TO STALL MORE THAN ONCE AND THEY KEEP ON PUMBING THE CAR.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Gary Holub owned the rebodied cars. He is usually very up front about what he has that is a rebody. He disclosed two of them very clearly but the ZL1 he was not as clear but the sale price reflected that most probably knew.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:41 PM

The current listing on the BJ website does disclose the ZL-1 as "Rebodied"
Old 01-18-2009, 05:45 PM

I think the cars that came after the Zl-1 may have been affected by the bidding and comments during the ZL-1 auction. I think that the folks from Barrett Jackson may have hurt themselves by allowing these cars in thier auction...My feeling is that a person wanting to buy a Boss 429 Mustang wont want to pay more than the value of a ZL-1!! ( Just an example)Unfortunately, the whole world saw what we all saw but they do not have a clue about the real story on any of these cars.......the ZL-1 is a benchmark car for values...

....also, just to clear up my comments about Reggie and the ownership of this/these cars....I know this was discussed in another thread here some time before the auction...but, please correct me if I am wrong...the three cars..one being the Duece..the other being the green Yenko Camaro, and the third being the ZL-1 were all owned by Gary Holub..and all are supposedly/apparently? rebodied at some point early in thier lifes...and apparently the owner is very open about the history of the cars...unfortunately, Barrett Jackson said some things about the cars that were not even close to reality..and the buyer probably had no clue...also I believe that Reggie had owned this same ZL-1 at some point prior...maybe Im wrong about that...many people have questioned me about who owned the ZL-1..and the other cars...Im just going by what Ive read here and other sites lately..I have no personal knowledge...again, please correct me if I am wrong...hope that clears it up..
Old 01-18-2009, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gary Holub owned the rebodied cars. He is usually very up front about what he has that is a rebody. He disclosed two of them very clearly but the ZL1 he was not as clear but the sale price reflected that most probably knew.

[/ QUOTE ]

my problem is the remarks Barrett Jackson made about the 'history' of the ZL-1...besides the whole fiasco of the auction itself.......I missed the Green Yenko auction...what did that sell for? ..but the Deuce was very clear that it was rebodied..although the 'ax' story was pretty weak... jmo
Old 01-18-2009, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's with that blond headed wood pecker looking idiot that bids but never buys?

[/ QUOTE ] you took the words right out of my mouth.... his visor makes him look like a visble plant to me..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was using the visor to hold his mullett back. Did he eventually buy anything or was he just sucking up TV time?

I think this is the second year that I don't recall seeing the big time buyer who always wore the Univerity of Tennessee cap. Is he out of the market? He seemed like a pretty shrewd buyer who knew what he wanted rather than just sit in the front row and bid on everything that crossed the block because he could.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 PM

...and yes Reggie was prior owner of ZL-1...here is a link showing advertising as such at the auction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRWSKl6doA
Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 PM

Wasn't the green Yenko bid to $325 at Mecum and did not meet reserve? I think the waters were tested at Mecum and it was felt that it might go higher at Barrett-Jackson. Woulda, coulda, shoulda!!!