Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale > Parts/Memorabilia - Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 03:06 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default 1967 / 1968 four piston front disc brake pads - aftermarket gold iridite plating

Hi Everyone, I have found one set of old stock after market brake pads that look like the originals, i.e.organic / semi metallic pads and gold iridited backing plate. The "next best thing". Better than the currently available black backs.

See photos please.

First come first served, only have this one set.

Also see my other ad for the original rebuilt 69 Camaro only calipers - 5463633 633 - Nova too.

These pads also fit nearly every early GM four piston caliper - lots of applications of course.

$95 shipped to the 48 - PayPal for this set of four pads, enough for two calipers / front of one car.

8% tax on shipments to CA.

Thanks sYc,
Anthony
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_7626 (800x600).jpg IMG_7625 (800x600).jpg IMG_2446 (800x600).jpg IMG_2445 (800x600).jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-02-2018, 03:23 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,922 Posts

Anthony,

Are the commonly available pads incorrectly sized? I have a set that came with my 67 GTO and they seem to have a lot of clearance to the caliper body, to the extent that I can hear them clicking back and forth when I drive. Super annoying and I'd like to fix it. Thanks for the feedback.

Tony
Old 08-02-2018, 06:08 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuncio View Post
Anthony,

Are the commonly available pads incorrectly sized? I have a set that came with my 67 GTO and they seem to have a lot of clearance to the caliper body, to the extent that I can hear them clicking back and forth when I drive. Super annoying and I'd like to fix it. Thanks for the feedback.

Tony
Hey Tony, that's an interesting hypothesis, I did notice that these seem larger, the 'backing plate' anyway than other new versions I've seen, thought it might've been the color and an illusion, but due to the way they set up / sit inside the caliper with the pin and all, if they weren't snug I could see how they'd slide around while floating, and clack... I've got a bunch of Camaro 530 / 533 calipers around and will test fit these - not sure I have a new offshore AutoZone or Kragen set, but I could go pick up a set and compare... might be worthwhile to investigate... might take me a couple of days, but stay tuned.

Anthony
Old 12-31-2018, 11:31 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Hey Tony, that's an interesting hypothesis, I did notice that these seem larger, the 'backing plate' anyway than other new versions I've seen, thought it might've been the color and an illusion, but due to the way they set up / sit inside the caliper with the pin and all, if they weren't snug I could see how they'd slide around while floating, and clack... I've got a bunch of Camaro 530 / 533 calipers around and will test fit these - not sure I have a new offshore AutoZone or Kragen set, but I could go pick up a set and compare... might be worthwhile to investigate... might take me a couple of days, but stay tuned.

Anthony

Sorry for the delay Tony, forgot all about this.

I did go and dig up an original low mile pair of Delco pads and just compared them. The gold aftermarket ones I have on hand right now are the exact same size as far as the backing plate the pad is riveted to. See photo directly below.

Hope this helps.
Anthony
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2018, 11:38 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Also, sYc Friends, I have two sets of these available now. One has a factory applied blue-ish light type of coating, maybe corrosion inhibitor or anti-squeak.

Either way, still $95 shipped to the 48 for either set of four - PayPal F&F for either set of four pads, enough for two calipers / front of one car.

$160 PP F&F for both sets / all eight pads.

8% tax on shipments to CA.

Thanks sYc,
Anthony
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2019, 06:58 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Happy New Year sYc Friends.

Both set sold pending payment.

Cheers, and thank you all.
Anthony
Closed Thread