Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Dick Harrell Nova???

I also heard the auction will be ended in order to obtain more info on the car.
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 03-17-2004, 01:12 AM

Here is some cool info . . . the body build number on this Nova (car #4) is 96366 and the build number on Nova #3 is 96364.

It is also wierd that a plate of any kind was put under the cowl tag as it is very hard to get to it since the power brake booster is in the way. Nova #3 was a Dick Harrell converted 427 car and it didn't have the plate there, in fact it had a black sticker similar in size stuck above the trim tag.

Great to have another one in circulation again . . .
Old 03-17-2004, 01:13 AM

Jeff,Just one of the Nova's was painted and I think it was painted RED?
Old 03-17-2004, 01:50 AM

((( And don't give me the 'ol line about working hard, and someday you'll have the money; It doesn't work that way . . . I've discussed this with my Sociology teacher numerous times. The rich are forever rich, and the poor keep getting poorer. That's the way our economic system is designed. That's not to say that I'm poor, but I definitely couldn't afford a car of that caliber.

Maybe if it was through someone's good graces . . . )))

Skierkaj,

First, you will never get anywhere in life waiting for someone's good graces . . . that someone is you, but you will figure that out later in life.

Secondly, an owner who bought one of our 427 ZL1 Camaros, told me that he is just a poor old cattle farmer who didn't have enough money 5 years ago to even buy the magazine that our Camaros have been written in, and today he bought a $92,000.00 ZL1 Supercar and has 10 other showcars. He told me that he found a way to make money from the rich . . . that is what life is all about if you want more money.

Third, I'll bet half of the collectors here did not have money when they grew up. I know a lot of them and they made their money, and did not inherit it. If you wait for something to happen, then it probably wont. If you want to win the lottery, you have to play it. If you want to be rich, you have to play at it. And the harder you play, the better you will be rewarded. Some find an easy way to make money, others dig a little harder. It is out there, but DO NOT have that attitude, or you will probably never get richer or have the cars you are dreaming of . . . and for your Sociology teacher, he or she sounds like one of those that is still waiting for the system to change so they can have more money given to them. That person may be content with being a college teacher, but I see that you have bigger ambitions in life. Dont let people like that bring you down. My parents preached to me the same thing about the harger you work the higher the rewards . . . it worked for me and it will for you . . . but it will not fall into your lap . . . Now take that Motion clone car and change it to a Dick Harrell clone car and make more money . . .
Old 03-17-2004, 01:59 AM

I'm always open to everyone's opinion.

As for a Dick Harrell clone, Harrell and Gibb modified Camaros in 67 right? The reason I ask is that I'm looking at a first gen. as we speak. It's in Milwaukee, close to home, and I'm trying to work a deal with the owner (even trade), and I'll probably get a firebird in the process. Check out the thread in this section-- I found the first gen. camaro I wanted!

Maybe a Harrell Clone for that thing? It appears to be in pretty good shape, but there's no pics of the rear quarters, or the panel underneath the rear window. It's a deal either way. . . a 1967 Camaro and a 1968 Firebird for $6000! Hopefully the guy will trade for my Camaro . . . he says the reason he's selling is that he has no room. I don't know, we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:02 AM

Spoken like a true entrepreneur, Matt!!!

Skierkaj, you should try to get the SCR 7. Most of the guys you'll talk to are self made men that are their own bosses. They've come up with ways to be successful (and not just money) in a whole variety of ways. The thing that is common to them all is that they take the kind of risks Matt describes. I find it very refreshing to hang out with all these entrepreneurs -- it's a great change from all the very conservative, over-educated corporate hacks like me, my colleagues and most of my clients.

Now if I could just afford my own Gibb Nova (Fathom Blue of course...)

ZL1 #49 (Dale, Waukesha WI) Super Stock restoration by SCW; 9561AA (Walters, Hebron OH) Super Stock motor by the Grump
Old 03-17-2004, 02:09 AM

Thanked 1,675 Times in 501 Posts

Well, I guess my mother really is the Queen of England. Just goes to show you that anything can happen. Good luck to the person who ends up with it.

Wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 03-17-2004, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now if I could just afford my own Gibb Nova (Fathom Blue of course...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting you should say that. I heard one just sold...
Old 03-17-2004, 02:12 AM

Auction is over. So is he really going to relist it with better information or did someone make a deal behind the scenes again? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-17-2004, 03:32 AM

WOW! One day and look what has transpired. Can't wait to find out more. Guess these little Chevy II's are gaining momentum.