Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Copo ?

I think we should MBTMF the thread!

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 AM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phil you have been trashing the car by saying the rear floors need replacing and then we see what is in fact pretty nice floors. You say the car had quadrajet fuel lines and then we see a single line. You then go on to say it has a big block heater box that looks new or refinished and we are then shown what does not look like an new or refinished box. At this point I don't think anyone is going to believe whatever you say about this car. Can we stick to facts please and not bring some unknown agenda into this ? I'm about to lock this thread. </div></div>

Charley,

A full year passed between the time I looked at the car and the time Doug bought it.

I told the original seller the reasons I believed the car was not a COPO.

The seller or someone must have acted upon what I told him and made some cosmetic changes to its appearance and then to top it off lied to Doug stating I had &quot;Certified&quot; the car which I did not.

When Doug called me after he got the car he became upset that I would not acknowledge that I had &quot;Certified&quot; the car.

Again at the Good guys (3 years later) in Columbus both My Wife and I were confronted in person with an uninvited Perry insisting that I confirm I had &quot;Certified the car&quot;. This was witnessed by several SYC members in attendance there. This was an ugly situation. Brian H and Arone were there.

The photos of the floors do not reflect the severity of the original damage which was clearly sledgehammer damage. I stand 100 Percent as to what the car was when I saw it. But...Apparently Doug has now located the original owner and it turned out to be a COPO after all.

Fakes are hurting the hobby and I thought that was what this thread was all about? How do you spot a fake with respect to the subject car on page 1, I had experience with the black car and I qualified my post original as not being a challenge to Perry or his assertions that the car was real.. then he posted the pictures as a way to create a rebuttal to my post about the car.

I am Ok with that, but on the same side you cannot make the claim that he does that the heater box in the picture is validation of COPO when it has an aftermarket core in it that is real clear to see.

I hope this is still the Premiere site on the web for this discussion - I fear we becoming too PC to discuss the obvious?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:24 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperNovaSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what actually happened to this car?

Jason </div></div>

It was completely restored and then Judged at the Camaro Nationals. I believe that it achieved one of the highest scores ever awarded to a COPO 9561 at that venue. </div></div>

That is my understanding...if everybody knows the original drive train is gone..how does a car score that high? Not being critical just asking...
Old 03-07-2014, 01:34 AM

So Phil you passed on this car because the after market heater core?? I would love to see some pictures of the car when you looked at it the first time, If you say you told the owner what to look for and he made the changes, Please post the pictures.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZL1#61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Phil you passed on this car because the after market heater core?? I would love to see some pictures of the car when you looked at it the first time, If you say you told the owner what to look for and he made the changes, Please post the pictures.
</div></div>

I Did not pass in it I did not get the chance. I tried to perform the additional due diligence needed in an honest attempt to validate the car. I am left to conclude that I spooked the seller.

Doug has pictures and he has posted them. Doug has located the original owner and the car is a COPO.

If I post pictures the next allegation will be that they are photo shopped. If I am not believable with what I am telling you what would make me believe that posting pictures would change your minds? In review:

Doug introduced the allegation that His car was &quot;Discredited&quot; at post 560292 on page 7 which I read and this opened the discussion for the other side of the story--so and replied to his post on page 7 at post 562096.

Again on page 7 at post 562115 Doug states a different story. I replied on page 7 at post 562136 to correct the record and add additional information.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 AM

So if you would have had a chance to get the car would you have pulled the trigger??
Old 03-07-2014, 02:31 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZL1#61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if you would have had a chance to get the car would you have pulled the trigger?? </div></div>

I do not know...I never got a price. Guy never called me back. After I looked at the car the first time for three hours on a lift -the car had a massive set of Calvert Racing Cal Tracs on it as well and a healthy 427 in it but the car was badged as a 396.

I do recall that he was asking me why I needed three additional hours to look at the car when I called him back on the phone and he questioned why I felt qualified or needed to make a determination? I recall telling him that I was a blue coat Gold Spinner Judge at Chevy Vettefest and a Member of the SYC Forum here.

This was over 10 years ago now. My how time flies...
Old 03-07-2014, 06:40 AM

Are we still talking about the April L car or another one, I'm confused here-
My Car My Book My Photos
Old 03-07-2014, 10:25 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jannes_z-28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we still talking about the April L car or another one, I'm confused here- </div></div>

Jan,

Different car..see the first post on page 7 of this thread. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2014, 04:18 AM

Here is the black camaro's engine compartment just before I took it apart to restore it. Does anything in this picture look like he took any ones advice and changed anything to present it as a COPO car???

THIS is a dead horse as far as I am concerned and the last I will say or post about it.....