Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenney View Post
Saw a pair of unconverted Persol's that once belonged to Steve McQueen sell for 70K at an auction at the Pete a while back.
Phone bidder from Japan,also paid 45k for that Stetson with his DNA too..
Old 05-08-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late BrakeU2 View Post
Phone bidder from Japan,also paid 45k for that Stetson with his DNA too..
Wonder if a 917 used in the movie Le Mans might value higher than a 917 that won Le Mans (not shopping/still saving) ...
Old 05-08-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenney View Post
Wonder if a 917 used in the movie Le Mans might value higher than a 917 that won Le Mans (not shopping/still saving) ...
If this is any indication..note the Mulholland option..and yes the Yenko dealership does add value IMO.
http://autoweek.com/article/auctions...illion-auction
Old 05-08-2018, 04:59 PM

What a Kool L78 Nova. Of course it has "extra" desirability and marketability because of its direct connection to Don Yenko and Yenko Chevrolet.

I'd have very little interest in this car if it had been sold out of some obscure dealership, but with the Yenko connection......I wouldn't mind having and restoring it. Not everyone can afford a $xxx,xxx.00 L72 Yenko Super Car. The documentation and fact this it was in the custody of the original owner up to this point adds value too.

I for one would very much like to see the car as pulled out of the garage and talk to the original owner at MCACN X. I hope Bashton extends an invite!
protree68 (05-19-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
Nobody likes rare finds more than me, and as it is, it’s a very cool car, but until bulletproof docs can be found/viewed/scrutinized, I think the new owner is bold in his claims.
I said exactly what you said to him. I told him I wanted to be convinced this car was special ..even more so then it already is .i don't think bold covers his position on the car. his bravado is amusing. I told him id never heard of him and asked what his credentials are since he claimed he knew how to properly document the car. he got upset when I noted that an original owner car with all the paperwork is not the hardest thing to document. he just wanted to repeatedly claim he set the "yenko car world" on its ear and that everybody is just hating from their couch. no one bashed the car..only the term he was applying to it. the car speaks for itself as a legit L-78 one owner car. I just couldn't wrap my head around his arrogance regarding it.
The Following User Says Thank You to smallblockhero For This Useful Post:
69hurstSC (05-09-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
What a Kool L78 Nova. Of course it has "extra" desirability and marketability because of its direct connection to Don Yenko and Yenko Chevrolet.

I'd have very little interest in this car if it had been sold out of some obscure dealership, but with the Yenko connection......I wouldn't mind having and restoring it. Not everyone can afford a $xxx,xxx.00 L72 Yenko Super Car. The documentation and fact this it was in the custody of the original owner up to this point adds value too.

I for one would very much like to see the car as pulled out of the garage and talk to the original owner at MCACN X. I hope Bashton extends an invite!
I agree. We finished up a Nickey sold L35 69SS 396 Chevelle for a local (big) farmer. People think it's pretty cool that it was sold by Nickey. Especially the old timers who remember the cool ads on WLS.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schonyenko2 For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (05-09-2018), x44d80 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 02:28 AM

Did anyone watch the video with the original owner ? Seemed like the interviewer was leading the owner to say that it was to be converted ....The original owner also said the engine was using oil & changed under warranty...
Old 05-09-2018, 03:33 AM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Chevro...gAAOSw7j5a75hT

I like this one better. 4 speed...
Old 05-09-2018, 01:03 PM

What's the difference between this RG Yenko sold Nova and the NFM special paint W482561 Yenko sold Nova that was added to 'the list'?
Old 05-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblockhero View Post
I said exactly what you said to him. I told him I wanted to be convinced this car was special ..even more so then it already is .i don't think bold covers his position on the car. his bravado is amusing. I told him id never heard of him and asked what his credentials are since he claimed he knew how to properly document the car. he got upset when I noted that an original owner car with all the paperwork is not the hardest thing to document. he just wanted to repeatedly claim he set the "yenko car world" on its ear and that everybody is just hating from their couch. no one bashed the car..only the term he was applying to it. the car speaks for itself as a legit L-78 one owner car. I just couldn't wrap my head around his arrogance regarding it.
You took the words out of my mouth. He was demanding that the curators of the documentation change the numbers on their lists to include his car. He said 1 of 37 and 1 of 9 on 12 separate occasions during the video. Sadly, if he brought it to MCACN he'd be laughed out of the building if he still stuck to his sYc claims.
The Following User Says Thank You to 69hurstSC For This Useful Post:
kwhizz (05-09-2018)