Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 02-18-2021, 03:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I herd that goat hill had someone making new bottoms for the pumps maybe why he was talking so long
Old 02-19-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl8z28 View Post
I herd that goat hill had someone making new bottoms for the pumps maybe why he was talking so long
"I herd that goat hill"...nicely played. Their advantage over Fred Ballard's rebuild service (ignoring personalities and service issues) is Goat Hill uses new crimp-on bases rather than re-using the pump's original base. From the work I have seen photos of, Goat Hill's crimping method produces a clean, OEM-like result.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:44 PM

Goat Hill SCREWED ME.......

My two pumps were "restored" with Clear Zinc Plated
Crimped Bottoms and NOT correct Yellow Zinc.......
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"
Old 02-25-2021, 06:26 PM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

For your viewing pleasure...the Yelp reviews....

Sandy M.San Francisco, CA

1 star

3/16/2020

When building a classic car you are always happy to run across good parts, and you are glad to pay for them. What you don't expect is to be unjustly treated. We'd all like to think everyone's not bad. In the case of Paul Baker he's beyond bad, he's demeaning, degrading, and down right and purely honest an asshole. My husband ordered some parts and promptly paid for them as requested, we've been waiting and waiting. When he called last week he was told they had been shipped over a week ago but was unable to give tracking info due to secretary working part time but she would be in Saturday and blah blah blah so I myself called this morning Paul answered phone i explained why i was calling he said he had spoken to my husband and ask me so rudely don't you talk to him. Well fire shot out my ears and I said of course that is why I am calling to obtain tracking info he stated secretary did not come in over weekend but would be there tomorrow and this matter was at the top of the list. I guess we'll see. He's more than happy to take your money but I will be speaking to authorities later today .This is the most unprofessional, rudest individual I've ever had the displeasure in speaking with. If he treats everyone this way I don't know how he stays in business. I am a member of several automotive groups as many of us are and attend a lot of events so I will be happy to express my opinion to each and everyone of my groups, to anyone and everyone that will listen, all my friends and will encourage them to do so as well. I'm shocked at this behavior....steer clear of this company, this individual and save yourself the aggravation. Please!

Jimena B.Houston, TX

1 star

4/13/2017

don't go there if you are Hispanic or English is not your first language the owner is racist! and treat people with no respect. maybe he doesn't understand we are in the 21st century and we are citizens of the world and we make the economy grow. shame on them!

David M.Yorktown Heights, NY

1 star
12/30/2016

First to Review

Before you become a victim of business scamming, contact the Consumer Affairs of Long Beach CA to identify rating of Goat Hill Classics, owned by Paul Baker and managed by his assistant Annie. Consumer Affairs shows a F rating. Contact the Better Business Alliance of Long Beach and learn of open complaints. Or check eBay for the numerous negative complaints against the alias "aarchivehunter" where they had a 98.7% feedback rating. Paul and Annie will always begin as polite professional, honest. Don't pay with anything other than credit card if you are still willing and convinced that they have the part that your classic car requires. They will promise delivery in 10 days. They will not provide the method of delivery or tracking number, if that is not enough to convince you to shop elsewhere.

If you speak with Paul after the purchase he will always claim the noise is difficult to hear you. He promises to call you back. Annie will claim they have never had a complaint in their 27 plus years of business. Trust the Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau and Business Alliance to determine if any previous delivery issues. Ask why on the Camaro Forum technical discussion board has negatives to say about Goat Hill Classics. Did you know that even the NCRS will not allow Goat Hill Classics to advertise. Ask yourself, why. This is not an honest company to do business with. Always check companies out first before you commit. The collector car industry is for fun and enjoyment, not to rip individuals off to make a quick buck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xplantdad For This Useful Post:
bergy (02-25-2021), L72Biscayne (02-28-2021), olredalert (02-26-2021), X66 714 (02-25-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 05:21 AM

I just had the original crimped fuel pump for our 1969 Corvette 350/350 rebuild by Frank Ballard and could not be happier. Being this is a survivor car the fuel pump was not restored but just rebuilt. We installed it on the Corvette and it works great. Thank you Fred Ballard. Attached are some pictures of the "rebuilt fuel pump". Thanks, Mike
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MJV1953 For This Useful Post:
L72Biscayne (02-28-2021), olredalert (02-26-2021), PeteLeathersac (02-27-2021), X66 714 (02-26-2021), Xplantdad (02-26-2021)
Old 02-04-2022, 01:50 PM

Default Goat Hill Classic

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS! I did not do my research before sending the check...that is on me. I am writing this so you won't make the same mistake. This business advertises date coded classic car parts and is super friendly on the phone. They will cash your check and you will never see the part. Again, do not make the same mistake i made.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:09 PM

It’s truly a shame that he’s been doing this same rip off for over 15 plus years! Seriously. You can only take out a full page ad in every big city newspaper ( do people still buy those) and shout it from the rooftops that this guy. This business is despicable!

Sad
Old 02-04-2022, 03:07 PM

Goat Hill got me for $210 for a fuel pump he had advertised,

I still have a copy of the check I sent and the back showing he deposited in his bank account.
I did however find a used 40669 pump and sent it to Fred Ballard in June 2021. I just got word and tracking number from Fred that my rebuilt pump is done and on its way here!!

Fred takes awhile but hes a man of his word!!!
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jonesy For This Useful Post:
firstgenaddict (02-04-2022), mhm1966 (02-04-2022), parkbrau (02-04-2022), X66 714 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 07:08 PM

I bought a 69 Z28 Harmonic Balancer 3947708 from him last winter on ebay.
Received a pretty nice quality piece (eventually).
American made & they did a good job on it.

Had to mail him a check as it was the only method of payment he accepted- which was a little odd- but he had enough good feedback and had been an ebay seller for a long time. Lot of feedback related to long shipping delays, but I wasn't in a hurry because the DZ motor wasn't going together until after the L71 was finished in June.

Wasn't sure I was ever going to get that balancer- ordered beginning of January & took them about 4 months to finally ship, but it did finally show up.

This thread was started about 2 weeks after I made that purchase- I remember reading it and saying "hmmm...."
Guess I was one of the lucky ones...

Last edited by 3X24SPD; 02-04-2022 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:17 PM

Paul did two original fuel pumps for me. Each one took a while to receive back, 6-8 months. I also had to call him numerous times. I did eventually get them back and they did work good. The first one he sprayed a heavy clear coat on it. I requested the second one he did for me, for him to leave it a natural finish.