Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,611 Times in 495 Posts
Default Re: Taking Supercar to Local Car Shows

While individual action is certainly part of the problem...the folks who organize or run the events are equally responsible. Every person entering a show should be made aware of the &quot;rules of engagement&quot;...now I realize that for some local &quot;parking lot&quot; cruises this may not be practical, but for any sanctioned event, especially those with a centralized entry point there is no excuse. If a club or charitable organization is collecting entrance fees then they have an obligation to the participants to try and protect the cars from damage. I understand it may not be possible to prevent all of this kind of activity...but there is no excuse for not trying [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM

remember the old signs don't touch my car unless your nude ....I have had visions of new signs lately ..don't touch my car or you will be tazed...with a cartoon pic of a person being shocked.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 PM

I agree with all you guys and your comments but this is basically what car shows are about. Kids in strollers, people asking dumb questions although not dumb to them and flyer handouts. Just got to be careful and pick and choose the shows that are better suited. If the scenerio was not like this, there would be no more shows. Also, what determines a SuperCar? For Chevy what comes to mind &quot;quick&quot; for me is a 69 ZL-1 camaro or an L88 corvette.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 PM

Wow Sammy......you sure know how to put a different perspective on things......and I like it! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

I take my car to as many shows that I can fit in. I usually get one person comment on my Chevelle on either how they have never seen a SS Post car or they ask me if I know how rare it is.

Luckily my car isn't that nice so when the little kids come up and put their hands on it....it's not as big of a deal. I did have a gentleman leaning against the car but just as I told my friend that I was going to ask him not to.....he realized what he was doing and quickly moved.

Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
Old 07-12-2013, 09:04 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69 Post Sedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow Sammy......you sure know how to put a different perspective on things......and I like it! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

I take my car to as many shows that I can fit in. I usually get one person comment on my Chevelle on either how they have never seen a SS Post car or they ask me if I know how rare it is.

Luckily my car isn't that nice so when the little kids come up and put their hands on it....it's not as big of a deal. I did have a gentleman leaning against the car but just as I told my friend that I was going to ask him not to.....he realized what he was doing and quickly moved.

Kurt

</div></div>

I disagree, YOUR CHEVELLE IS NICE!!!!!! In fact when I owned it, it was THE BEST CRUISE CAR of them all. When I owned my shop I was at every cruise night, 7 days a week. I drove my cars and clients cars.....I always had the most fun with The Post Sedan. That Chevelle has ALL the character and people seem to be drawn in by her mystic.
Enjoy your Summer Kurt, see you in 21 days!

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also, what determines a SuperCar? For Chevy what comes to mind &quot;quick&quot; for me is a 69 ZL-1 camaro or an L88 corvette. </div></div>

Sammy since you are new to the site I'll take it easy on you...this site being called the Supercar Registry, the term Supercar used in this instance are for Supercars as defined by the site mission statement...&quot;Dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the Chevrolet dealer built Supercars and COPO cars&quot;... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2013, 03:21 AM

Go ahead Freddy, let me have it I have thick and....... old skin!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:25 PM

Fred, this is the reason I call my car a beater. You might remember the info page I put on the car when I show it, that states &quot;...it's INCORRECT, INCOMPLETE AND UNREPENTANT&quot;.
Maybe I've been lucky to avoid some of the folks that have been used as examples here, and after 18 years of showing my my car, and having dings put in my car by other cruisers, bird poop and tree sap, etc. I've learned not to get as bent out of shape.
Columbus isn't quite like Chicagoland for the sheer number of shows, but without those flyers I wouldn't know what shows were going on out there. Most of that paper gets put into the recycle bin when I get home. I love nothing more than putting a kid behind the wheel of my car so mom or dad can take their picture. The smiles I get from the kids are priceless.
JMHO
Andy. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 07-14-2013, 11:28 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Good for you Andy...I've done that with some special needs kids as well [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2013, 11:59 PM

Tommy [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]