Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 03-27-2020, 03:31 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,922 Posts
Default '67 360hp-4-sp Triple White GTO Convertible, Zone Car?

This is pretty nice - delivered to PMD in Sherman Oaks, CA - lots of great options like PW, power seat, etc...and the color combination is really cool (although it's almost too much contrast between the white paint and ivory interior). 360hp HO option wasn't factory installed on this one, unfortunately. Also odd that it doesn't have a console considering how loaded up it is.

As much as I love the '67 GTO convertible I don't see this car bringing the asking price, but if it had been a factory HO or R/A car, I think it would have been within the realm of possibility....

Link to 1967 GTO Convertible auction

242677P110770
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,247 Posts

My goodness; the writer of that ebay auction has quite a vivid imagination.

In any case - it would be unusual for a car to be built in Pontiac Michigan and then shipped to California when it could have been built in Fremont.

Build/shipping arrangements like that do happen, though, when certain options are only available as a specific final assembly location, early in the model year when the lead plant is building new models but satellite plants are not, or simply for load leveling (when one plant is over-capacitized and another plant can take some of that workload).

No pic of the cowl tag. Gunnell's shows start of production for the '67 model year as 8/29/66, so I would guess a VIN of 110770 would place it in the mid September timeframe.

K
'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 03-27-2020 at 12:10 PM.